Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Pain killers, Cancer & potential target of crime...

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

In that case where the 18 yr old shot an intruder ---- the 2nd guy who was breaking in said that they wanted whatever pain killers that might have been left over from the girl's husband who had just died of cancer.

I was in court the other day and saw a woman who was a home health aid, assured cancer patients at home --- she was stealing their pain killers.

One of the pharmaceutical companies is producing an Oxy product that is 10 times stronger than what presently exists!

in all seriousness, I can see how people get addicted to painkillers, the few times I have had them, they are freaking awesome....

did not like the feeling from them at all, and how do you become addicted to not being able to poop? :(:D

We have had so many of them in our house over the last year and a half due to the Princesses breast cancer. Never tried any and there has been some real strong ones. Only ones I took were from the doc when my shoulder acted up last winter. Our Doc even told us he didn't want the Princess to be the next guest on Celebrity Rehab. She has done great and has been able to go off them with what appears to be little trouble. I can see why the could be addictive.

Cabo

The addictive component is subtle and a lot of it stems from current life circumstances and perception. For most, the drugs perceptive effect is that they have never felt more like themselves or been a better 'them'. In actuality, by an large, they have never been less like themselves to those around them. In a life situation where the 'normal' level of human support exists (friends, good relationship, optimistic outlook etc.) the drug doesn't take as strong a hold on your psyche. In other cases it becomes the 'thing you deserve' for whatever real or perceived misery exists. It is insidious and VERY subtle.

did not like the feeling from them at all, and how do you become addicted to not being able to poop? :(:D

perc's make me itchy as hell...vicodens (sp?) i like...

oxy well any opiate available is the go to drug of choice down here... if it isnt the half dead old people it is the half comatose young kids driving around all effed up on drank or pills... and they snort these pills now :dismay:

Me, either. Generally, they make me sick.

Me three. I had a root canal last week and they gave me a script for oxy something. I don't like any pain killers in general but was hurting a bit so popped one.

Mistake.. the rest went down the toilet.

I had a couple of wisdom teeth pulled the a few weeks ago. They gave me a prescriptions for Roxy. I took two. Other than taking the edge off, they did not do a whole lot for me. I'm glad. The rest got dumped.