Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
codfish

HOLY COW LURE MOMENT

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Picked up all 4 of these 7 inch wooden Zara Spooks for 12 dollars total at my favorite tackle shop, I love walk the dog lures, any tips on using them and have you guys seen them for this short money?? 450

Yes, it is.

It is but not in the normal way. They make a grove down the center of the body place the wire in it and fill the void with epoxy.If you notice their is no tail wrap ,Just a loop.

Also the head is not wood, It is a plastic head that is glued onto a wooden body .

It is but not in the normal way. They make a grove down the center of the body place the wire in it and fill the void with epoxy.If you notice their is no tail wrap ,Just a loop.

Also the head is not wood, It is a plastic head that is glued onto a wooden body .

I was just going off what I found online. Interesting. Have you ever seen the wire actually ripped from the void?

I was just going off what I found online. Interesting. Have you ever seen the wire actually ripped from the void?

good question, the way they are made sounds like a lot of work??

In terms of using them, not that I'm Mr. experience guy or anything but I've found working them the slower the better and for the love of god, if you're casting from rocks let the effer set for a sec before you lift it out of the water. Had some big fish snatch my spook from virtually under my feet last year... night time... small water... slight bump... pause.... hook set... sound of tail slapping rock followed by massive pull on the rod and long high pitch buzz... adrenaline... methodical give and take.... slimy goodness... another tail slap against rocks as she goes back to whence she came.....

Sorry, I'm hammered and am feeling all nostalgic 'n sh*t. I wonder what that fish is doing right now?

I heart spooks :th:

:beers: :beers:

I was thinking of changing out the hooks, any Ideas??

For Canal use, I use 3X or 4X strong VMC trebles with a high quality split ring (Spro or equiv). Those will handle 40 lb + bass no problem unless the hook is stuck in the fish at a weird angle. The plug will blow up before those hooks do.

-bd