Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoMoCoJoe

McCain with Romney on Hannity

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Are the Republicans actually trying to lose? How does it help Romney's "i'm going to change Washington" message when he's sitting there with a lifetime insider next to him who just happened to lose last time out. Quite a strategy head scratcher for me. :huh:

McCain: A Tale Of Two Mitts

In a 1994 debate with Senator Kennedy, Romney said that abortion should be legal, declaring that "regardless of one's beliefs about choice, you would hope it would be safe and legal.

"You will not see me wavering on that."

In October 2002, campaigning for governorship of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney said he would “preserve and protect” a woman’s right to choose.

ROMNEY: Look, I was pro-choice. I am pro-life. You can go back to YouTube and look at what I said in 1994. I never said I was pro-choice, but my position was effectively pro-choice. I changed my position. And I get tired of people that are holier-than-thou because they’ve been pro-life longer than I have. But I’m proud of the fact.

Yes, anyone can change their mind, they just have to remember to stop saying, "I never said." That makes them either stupid or liars. This is applicable for Dems TOO.

Well, in all fairness, McCain was modest enough to state that he, as a 'loser', had no advice for Romney. I thoghtt that was rather humble, so props for that. :clap:

But I'm somewhat verklempt that with Romney, as the presumed nominee, we Republicans are back to that 'it's his turn' bullspit that has lost us elections time & time again. :dismay: 2008 was the 'progressives' Perfect Storm. 2012 is ours. I hope we don't blow it my nominating another uninspiring Mr. Snooze. Fortunately, Great Leader has proven to be as exciting as wet paint. So even Willard should be able to knock him off.

Are the Republicans actually trying to lose? How does it help Romney's "i'm going to change Washington" message when he's sitting there with a lifetime insider next to him who just happened to lose last time out. Quite a strategy head scratcher for me. :huh:

Only if you actually believe Romney will be the candidate.

You believe Romney will win the Presidential Election?

Well, +/- 1 or 2 percentage points I would think the Republicans are starting at around what McCain received in 2008, 47%. Obama's negatives are extremely high. I don't see how BHO picks up any votes from anyone that didn't vote for him in 2008. He needs to not lose votes. His support among independents in particular and even some moderate democrats has eroded. Most republicans I know subscibe to the "anybody but obama" theory. I also know many who voted for BHO in 2008 who will not be voting for him in 2012. If the Repubs put up a really good candidate, Obama would lose by a mile. If I had to bet on it right now, I would say Romney would win in a tight result.

republicans still dont get it

news at 6

I know I'm opening myself up here, but I don't get what you're getting at. :)

Most of us held our noses and voted for McCain. I suspect that will be what will happen this time around. If you mean the Republican "establishment" doesn't get it, I would tend to agree with you.

I know I'm opening myself up here, but I don't get what you're getting at. :)

Most of us held our noses and voted for McCain. I suspect that will be what will happen this time around. If you mean the Republican "establishment" doesn't get it, I would tend to agree with you.

the establishment, well they do what establishments do, fight for their own survival. governance is secondary to most politicians, been that way forever. im referring to the modern day republican voter -the ones who help perpetuate the oligarchical takeover as long as theyre promised that the civil rights they hold precious are left alone while others are stomped on. the one's who cite the constitution when it suits them but look the other way it's their guy wiping his ass with it. im not specifically referring to this forum btw.

the establishment, well they do what establishments do, fight for their own survival. governance is secondary to most politicians, been that way forever. im referring to the modern day republican voter -the ones who help perpetuate the oligarchical takeover as long as theyre promised that the civil rights they hold precious are left alone while others are stomped on. the one's who cite the constitution when it suits them but look the other way it's their guy wiping his ass with it. im not specifically referring to this forum btw.

Doesn't that happen with any political party or movement though? There is always the core group of "true believers" while the majority is just along for the ride as long as it suits their needs.

Doesn't that happen with any political party or movement though? There is always the core group of "true believers" while the majority is just along for the ride as long as it suits their needs.

on the surface, yes. my disappointment is with the refusal of the base to look past whatever it is they think theyre getting and focus on what theyre really losing.

on the surface, yes. my disappointment is with the refusal of the base to look past whatever it is they think theyre getting and focus on what theyre really losing.

I defnitely agree with you. I'd love to be super excited about my choices but I'm not, hence my "hold my nose" desrciption of casting my vote. :D

yup. well I for one am ******* sick of holding my nose. i'll do it once and only once in nov only because the other side is so much worse this time around. i doubt it'll even make difference. a truly wasted vote -not because of a loss but because it is cast despite my conscience.

yup. well I for one am ******* sick of holding my nose. i'll do it once and only once in nov only because the other side is so much worse this time around. i doubt it'll even make difference. a truly wasted vote -not because of a loss but because it is cast despite my conscience.

i live in New Jersey...talk about a wasted vote!