Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bac0701

kenden surf plug

8 posts in this topic

just wondering... bought a tackle box today and it had a kenden surf plug box and popper in it. both in pretty good shape since its from the 40's or 50's from what ive read. have some bills to pay so was considering selling it on the bay or to a collector. what kind of cash can i get for it? i saw on one guys site saying one went for over $800. dont know if i could believe that. guessing its rare

just wondering... bought a tackle box today and it had a kenden surf plug box and popper in it. both in pretty good shape since its from the 40's or 50's from what ive read. have some bills to pay so was considering selling it on the bay or to a collector. what kind of cash can i get for it? i saw on one guys site saying one went for over $800. dont know if i could believe that. guessing its rare

It could be all over the place. You need to post pictures. Most certainly in the hundreds of dollars. The box is the rare part. I have bought and sold a few - I will be glad to help you out

Roy Curley

Pres

Salt Water Lure Collectors Club

Great find and interesting. That is not the typical box you would see with a Kenden in it. Kenden boxes have blue tops and yellow bottoms. Or just plain with no lables. The labels are all correct and right for the plug. That box is actually a Masterlure box with a Kenden lable - these guys were all friends and belonged to the same fishing club. I never saw this before but believe it is 100% correct.

The bait is a popper in a very common color in about E- condition. Poppers are the least desirable of the plug types made. Collectors pay more for flaptails, swimmers, and jointed plugs.

Still a very rare find but in this condition I would say it might bring between $250 and $450 mostly because of the box - maybe even more. To get to the kind of money you memtioned it would have to be mint in a great box and even better if it was a flaptail