Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

Greg McElroy

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

big balls for a rookie. i didnt hear the comments, i just got the jist of them from someone else. sounds like a kid who doesnt care what he says, and if the cut him, they cut him. good for him. a coach like rex should appreciate that since he's an anti-cliche, speak your own mind kinda guy.

This is what he said:

“It’s definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you,” McElroy said in an interview with Alabama radio station 97.3 The Zone. “It’s the first time I’ve ever been around extremely selfish individuals, and I think that’s maybe the nature of the NFL. But there were people within our locker room that didn’t care whether we won or lost, as long as they got their … they really had good games individually. That’s the disappointing thing, and it’s going to take a lot to kind of come together.”

Dead man walking.

The one thing he mentioned was that "the locker room was corrupt". Tannenbaum was being interveiwed late yesterday by teh fat man. T didn't say much other than acknowledging the fact that team chemistry had to be fixed. Also sounded like they have no plans on getting rid of Schottenheimer, but he left it open as he was speaking with the Jags. Fatso in his typical fashion made a childish ass of himself taking shots at the Jets.

Here's why Schotty has to go:

"Early in the season, we had signed Derrick Mason and we had him for about the first five weeks, give or take," McElroy told 97.3 The Zone. "And we tried to go to like an 11-set, a three wide receiver set, one tight end, one running back, and that's just not the strength of what (Brian) Schottenheimer can call."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/mcelroy_says_mason_set_back_jets_z0XteT9ft6D1sRKR87AV4L#ixzz1ib8GBoLP

In today's NFL, it's hard to have sustained success without at being able to effectively run some kind of spread offense. If that is not a strength of Schotty's they really do need to look elsewhere. The other question would be is can Sanchez manage a spread offense?

:clap::clap:

Nice job by the kid. Hope he didn't get himself a plane ticket out of NY because they need more players like him.

I don't know if the kid simply has huge balls or is just stupid. Maybe both. I don't know.

But I applaud him for speaking his mind.

But I applaud him for speaking his mind.

I don't. I thought it was a bad move. You're a nobody player in teh NFL then you should shut the **** up. I'm sure his teammates told him that after the fact.

Hey man - I like this kid. We've had good luck with 'Bama QBs in the past. Rebuild the oline/running game and D. Give this kid the keys, screw it. Not the best physical talent, but doesn't have the rocks-in-the-head syndrome of the Dirty. Down by 6 with 2:37 left, I don't think McElroy is going to take a safety.

I don't. I thought it was a bad move. You're a nobody player in teh NFL then you should shut the **** up. I'm sure his teammates told him that after the fact.

Obviously, he could care less what his "teammates" think of him. And if that's the case, then I'm sure he could care less if he returned.

Somebody has to publicly embarrass the pricks on the team and let the fans know there's a cancer in the ranks. Obviously the coach and staring QB won't. Fans pay their salaries and can sway management decisions. The more I find out, the more I want Holmes off that team; the hell with next season's salary cap. Cut him before Feb so his 2013 money doesn't kick in.

Maybe the kid wants out anyway . it'll be interesting to see what they do with him now .

but he prolly would handle Holmes and Mason better than Sanchez . you can't play games with a$$holes like that .

Schotty is gone . we'll see if Rex has the humility inside to learn from his mistakes .

everyone goes through learning curves . including HC's . let's see if Rex does . in the end that crap is all on him . Schotty or no Schotty .