Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belmo

Replacements for HV Guides

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

My stash of HVs is about to run dry, and I am still resisting turning to K or KW guides to replace them. I still hate the fact that when you use the K guides, you're sorta forced, for aesthetic reasons, into using Ks on the entire rod. I want to be able to mix and match, dammit, like I could with HVs!

Has anyone out there who used to use HV guides on spinners come up with a suitable alternative to HVs other than the Fuji K guides? Should I give in, and switch to Ks? Go back to using SVs? Or might there be something else out there?

No reason not to mix KW with other guides like BS or MN or KT's etc.

The place I really miss the BH or HV guides is on very light spinners where I used to go a high gathering guide then down to lower single or double foot guides. For me a very popular set for light spinners was a 30 HH then to the single foot guides.

Oh well , have to move ahead at some point!

nope. i have some left but then thats it. the k's are okay but I like the hsv's ring size/height combos, just seems like you can set the ring size down faster with the HV's and the heights the offer. But I have used the K's they are good and you can get a great setup with them. Plus they have the high frame single foots now and the nmv (or some thinging like that basically the hsv frame) in a 20 that can be used as a stripper and it comes on alconite