Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim DE

Somerset Fly Fishing Show 2012

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Just got their pamphlet in the mail today. Pretty impressive list of attendees this year and at least one I would of expected to be on the list that isn't this year.

I doubt if I will go but it should be a good one with the people and topics being covered in the pamphlet I am looking at. Several of our SOL fly forum contributors are on that list.

Lefty Will be at Marlboro and Somerset. He will be doing Casting Demo on all three days with two (God Bless the man) on Saturday.

Hey Spigola - at 1045 am Luca Pasquinucci is doing a demo on the Italian Casting Style on Friday.

Bring the Knight with you, we'll do lunch!

There are some great seminars on all three days Cowen, Borger Horsley, Andy Mill, Gilmore and Daniel on Friday

Kerh, Clouser, Popovics Beck Best Engle and the guys from friday again on saturday.

A bunch more and most of the above on Sunday. Michael Mauri is doing baby swing fly techniques - Single and Double-hand on Sunday. I have no idea what that is but I might just sit in on it and learn. Jan 20 to 22.

Lotsa good tiers too.

I know Jonny King & David Nelson will be tying at the Whitewater Flies booth & David ( Bug-Bond ) is fling in from England & will be tying at the Bears Den Booth.

Its the biggest show on the East Coast. Friday should be crowded,Saturday will be packed & Sunday the day I usually go is the least crowded.

Hope to see some of you guys there.............

yep always look forward to NJ show--lots of stuff to look at and for and plenty of guys to talk fishing with. Noticed in the brochure they had our talks all screwed up --should be figured out by show time

you know what lefty said and expert was? "a person more than 50 miles form home with a slide projector"

Over the years it seems to me that the saltwater aspect

of sport has had a declining representation in the

seminars and lectures. Is it just me or do others get

that impression as well ? Would like to see a venue

such as "Flyfishing the Cape or Fly opportunites on

the Block and the Vineyard." Maybe even "Flyfishing

Montauk Combat style" presented my Mike Oliver. :)

Hi Guys -- Just to correct Ron's email above, David and I will actually be tying at the Bear's Den booth, although I certainly plan to visit and harass the Whitewater booth. Look forward to seeing you all there. People sometimes complain about the shows, but I still think they are a great way to see a lot of friends, see a lot of great demos, and waste a lot of money!

Jonny

Hi Guys -- Just to correct Ron's email above, David and I will actually be tying at the Bear's Den booth, although I certainly plan to visit and harass the Whitewater booth. Look forward to seeing you all there. People sometimes complain about the shows, but I still think they are a great way to see a lot of friends, see a lot of great demos, and waste a lot of money!

Jonny

Sorry about that Jonny where ever you guys are tying it's worth the trip to see you both.:beers:

Jonny,

Not complaining. Just giving an honest accessment

after attending probably 15 Jersy shows. Myself nor do

any of my friends have a revenue connection to the show.

Just calling it as I percieve it. Thats what the boards

are all about.

:)OC

Hey Orca -- I wasn't actually responding to your comment at all (which I may have missed first time through), and didn't think you were complaining. I was remembering some other comments from a while ago about how the shows are the same-old same-old. Maybe true, but we're also so shut in for the winter, that it's always fun to get out and be around the FF stuff. Anyway, as far as saltwater representation, I don't in fact totally agree. I remember shows that were geared almost exclusively towards trout and, to the extent there was a saltwater presence, it was all flats stuff from Florida and the tropics. In contrast, recent shows and the one in a few weeks, we'll have BobPop, Henry Cowen, Brian Horsely, the Shorecatch guys, and lots of others doing saltwater-oriented presentations, many geared to the Northeast too. Plus, there will be lots of great saltwater tyers in addition to Bob and Henry, like Dave Skok, Jaime Boyle, David Nelson, Brad Buzzi, and others who will likely show, including lots of gifted European tyers. And, now that I know that Tidal will be presenting -- great news -- I'll probably just keep my vise and scissors in their pouches....

Jonny

I hope to get to that show . It will be the first fly show I've ever been to. Looking forward to it, and meeting some of you guys in here.

I think Sunday will be the day I go.