Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leatherface

Monster Shallow Water Stripers Book - Capt. Jim White - Great deal!

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Just an FYI - If you know his site selling the book, I would grab a copy. There are not a whole lot left and they are most likely not printing any more.

I just grabbed a copy. It was $29.90, now it's $12 with free shipping. I just stumbled upon it and thought you guys should know.

I am not even sure if it's that good of a book, but for $12, I gave it a shot. I hope this is allowed here since I didn't post a link and I am not self-promoting anything.

:)

I stumbled across this thread because the words "shallow water" caught my eye. I LOVE shallow water and back bay fishing.

However, according to an unnamed website's review by a reader:

"First off...listed as a hardcover, well, the paper cover probably takes a picture better than a real hard cover.

OK

Fish the seams

Fish at night on structure

Tides and Moon phase

Now you've got 90% of the contents"

Looks like I'll pass :(

Thank's for the head's up! :th:

FYI - Just Google the book's title and you'll find his site to order the book at this price. :)

One review from someone you don't know; then post it like some crusader saving other's from trying it. "Striper Swiper Mike" has a total of (1) review, personally that makes me think you cannot trust his review.

How do you know it's not from an author trying to sell a different Striper Book?

Or, how about posting another review on the book, it was there if you read enough.

"As Lefty Kreh says in a cover blurb, "Capt. Jim White really knows his stuff. Read, study and absorb the information in this book and you will catch bigger bass." --Tom Meade, Providence Journal, February 7, 2009

There's no fish in RI anyway....

I stumbled across this thread because the words "shallow water" caught my eye. I LOVE shallow water and back bay fishing.

However, according to an unnamed website's review by a reader:

"First off...listed as a hardcover, well, the paper cover probably takes a picture better than a real hard cover.

OK

Fish the seams

Fish at night on structure

Tides and Moon phase

Now you've got 90% of the contents"

Looks like I'll pass :(

Just got it yesterday! Capt. Jim also wrote a little note inside for me and dated it.

Can't beat a fishing book this thick for $12 shipped. Great winter reading!

:D

For me it was a good winter reading. It is based on boat fishing from my perspective but still a good and informative read.

I am 50 pages into this book, so far it's the 1st I've read to really get into shallow water fishing (hence the name), so for me I'm getting great intel from the book.

Plus the captain/author docks his boat 5 minutes from my house here in RI; he fishes waters I can hit with my Yak with very easily.

So it's a no-brainer for me on several levels. :)