Best 8'-9' rod for throwing 1 to 4 ounce ??

Rate this topic

Jesus805

I've got say.......I have not seen a two piece rod break when fishing......and I don't fish expensive gear. My rods are Tsunami Airwaves and a great value. I also have not seen any of my fishing friends break their two piece......I know it happens,just saying how often? My friend did break his one piece,not sure why and St Croix repaired it.

I also don't see one piece rods catching more fish than two piece. I believe the technology has caught up and I don't see significant difference. Is a one piece better....probably.....but are the majority of us going to notice......I doubt it.......just saying.

]The GLoomis IMX Surf 3/4-5oz 8ft 10 1pc is tops. I've owned the Mojo 9ft 3/4-5 (its a good rod) but the Loomis is better. [/b]Most versatile rod I own. I throw 1oz bucktails with it and its great for that, but the thing could turn a tugboat if it had to and I throw 5oz pikes on it too.

I just got the chance to check this thread out and noticed this post, let me say everybody has their preference in rods and it's the way it should be however, i feel it is only fair to point out that the IMX list's in the neighborhood of $440.00 . Let's compare the performance to price ratio or at least an apples to apples comparison.

While I agree technology has made great strides I have not met a 2 piece yet (I have a 10'6' mojo) that equals a 1 piece in all of its benefits over the 2 piece version. The Mojo & Legends have experienced breakage that I suspect has been effected by the piecing. I'm not a physics major but I cannot see how it would be possible to have an arc be as strong and sensitive with a joint in it as a solid 1 piece is, no matter what technology is applied. As you said there has been great advances and the Mojo's 60/40 split is so much better than the old std. 50/50 designs but still not equal in my eyes. I've said for years: There are 2 kinds of 2 piece rods. Those that slip and turn or those that are stuck forever!

Your exactly right, if you have been fishing St.Croix rods for any length of time then you would know that they are nearly impossible to budge once you set it right. I can't tell you the last time i have had to make any sort of adjustment on any of my two piecers, they are as solid as it gets. To this day some people still do not know how to fit a two piece properly, it's far from just pushing down.

In NC they claim Jesus was a gill netting commercial fisherman :D

No he didn't fish, but he hired a few fisherman to follow him around

OH yeah, I just took my 10' mojo rated 1 to 4oz out for a week of fishing. It throws the fire out of 2 an 3oz sting silvers. It threw out to where I was taking line off the reel I hadn't been down to before with my 10' tommy F cast pro rod rated 1 to 4.

Lamiglass 1081L is a great bucktail rod.perfect for throwing bombers and redfins, but 3 ounces is a stretch for this rod.

1081M is available as a production rod and may fit your wants.

I agree great for throwing Bombers and Redfins but Bucktails, i'll stick with a stiffer rod for that task.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnnashman View Post

To this day some people still do not know how to fit a two piece properly, it's far from just pushing down.

just curious, what else is involved in putting a two piece together properly?