Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunt for blueessss

Hydros?!

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I say buy it. Only because I'm thinking about buying the 7 wt. :D

I've fished an 8wt Hydros for a couple years and have nothing bad to say about it at all. Great rod and at $250, I'd buy another...if only I needed it.

on the orvis site right now, I would check the sale outlet as the hydros are on sale from 525 for 295, and if you choose one from the sale outlet (wink wink) you can get another 20% off which means that your rod will be $271 shipped. I had to order mine. Thanks for the input guys. Now I need to pair a reel!

on the orvis site right now, I would check the sale outlet as the hydros are on sale from 525 for 295, and if you choose one from the sale outlet (wink wink) you can get another 20% off which means that your rod will be $271 shipped. I had to order mine. Thanks for the input guys. Now I need to pair a reel!

$295 - 20% is $236 isn't it? :D

Oops, forgot about shipping and tax.

I stopped by the local Orvis last night and the manager ended up ordering the rod for me for the sale price minus the 20% plus free shipping to my house. He also sold me the bass bug line I wanted for the online sale price minus the 20%.

For all the crap Orvis gets, their customer service has always been top notch when I needed it.

One note on the Hydros rods, apparently Orvis is discontinuing them.

technically, mine did too :) I still saved $20 over the normal cost if shipping were free. We don't have an Orvis dealer locally anymore. I used to have one about 2 minutes up the road but they closed without notice one day. I could use a sling pack. i have an army running pack now that i use. about to gear up and chase big browns and atlantic salmon with my 9 wt as i wait for my 6 to show up :) hope everyone enjoys this day!