Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hotfishgirl

I gave up smoking but took up these.

Rate this topic

134 posts in this topic

HFG, you gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! My old stompin grounds! My name is carved in several booths there from my old college days. Back around 1972 or 73 we'd

often roll in around 1am, and get some of George's best. I was just there the other day.

I did a whole series of b&w night photos back in the day. I even know the history on the neon. My old buddy, Steve Cohn, past neon master and owner of the Neon Jungle of Worcester replaced all the broken neon and argon tubes on the sign as part of his first major job. A lot of people don't know this, but that building used to be a horse barn prior to becomeing a hot dog haven.

I was just scoping gthe place out the other day, and I'm planning on going back there this spring and doing some digital night shots of the exterior.

Have had many of Dogs from there over the years.The only HotDog plase in the area Better would be Bob's Hot dog Truck parked @ Wachussett Res.By the old Church.Us Guys used to buy them by the Dozen ,& see who could eat the most. As Bob would say"Have a Selubrious Day"( my spelling is not great.)

Have had many of Dogs from there over the years.The only HotDog plase in the area Better would be Bob's Hot dog Truck parked @ Wachussett Res.By the old Church.Us Guys used to buy them by the Dozen ,& see who could eat the most. As Bob would say"Have a Selubrious Day"( my spelling is not great.)

These one are pretty good too. Maybe even my favs.;) The first time my Dad took me here was in the early 60s. Dogs were 8/$1!

I am not up to a pack a day.I don't want to look like the fat bass i will catch this year;).I also bought several fishing dress's from sportygirlapparel. and want to look good in them.

Bob,Thanks for the history.I love hearing about landmark establishments.I actually saw this sign in national geographic magazine and then had to go try one,two,or three of them.I was surprised to see they use "wonder"brand hotdog rolls.I am pretty sure i can duplicate this hot dog at home:}.I did carve my name in a booth.

Hot dogs on wonder bread? Oh please...

Not wonder bread. :rolleyes: Wonder hot dog rolls.

I had those Olneyville wieners once. :laugh: A wiener in a bun, topped with yellow mustard, some sort of obtuse "chili type" sauce, raw onions, and celery salt. Right?

oh i stopped smoking at the beginning of october,both cigs and weed.I am saving lots of money now and spending it on fishing gear:D.

I tried the RI hotdogs and they were not even the right color.they were bright red??

Hot dogs on wonder bread? Oh please...

Not wonder bread. :rolleyes: Wonder hot dog rolls.

I had those Olneyville wieners once. :laugh: A wiener in a bun, topped with yellow mustard, some sort of obtuse "chili type" sauce, raw onions, and celery salt. Right?

Correct. These are not hot dogs. These are weiners from heaven.

I'm sorry, there is no contest here...:D

oh i stopped smoking at the beginning of october,both cigs and weed.I am saving lots of money now and spending it on fishing gear:D.

I tried the RI hotdogs and they were not even the right color.they were bright red??

HFG,

There are no hot dogs in R.I.. Only wieners. I think R.I. is the only state in the union where wieners are legal. The red is food coloring. Only R.I. could figure out a way to bring the lowly hot dog down a few pegs. :laugh:

HFG,

There are no hot dogs in R.I.. Only wieners. I think R.I. is the only state in the union where wieners are legal. The red is food coloring. Only R.I. could figure out a way to bring the lowly hot dog down a few pegs. :laugh:

Yer all upset cuz it's a long drive through the maze of RI roads to get there and you feel cheated but that's ok. I understand....:D

Bob G., that's some great stuff in the Quahog thread.

Sorry about your run O the mill hot dogs though... What do those places do, buy em from cumbies and then cook em up, throw em on some "Wonder Rolls" and call em magic for ya? Maybe give out a free party hat or somethin??