Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Mad Deckhand

Redskins will trade up to aquire Robert Griffin III by out biding other teams

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

The redskins need a QB - desperately. Rex Grossman will not be the guy - he won't even be invited back to camp. I don't even know who john Beck is or even if he is an actual NFL QB. For all I know, he was some guy selling hotdogs when Kyle "discovered" him while taking a wizz in the Fed Ex men's room.

Redskins absolutely have the firepwer to move up - the 7th pick this year....a second, a third and next years first.

This won't count, but I'll post it anyway....

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

The war for the second pick that the Rams do not want will come with a price - a steep one. Other teams will look to trade up at the last minute, driving up the price even higher. Redskins can do without next years fist......unless they nab a great prospect, there is no next year. Shanny and crew will will have plenty of time to watch the games on ESPN while they all look for work.

Trading up for Luck is out of the question. The Colts understand how important it is to have a franchise QB. Any deal for Luck would have to include all of Dan the man's money, a cure for herpes and the Washington monument.

This trade will actually involve at least three teams, I expect the Skins to trade pics/players with another team first (Minnesota?) before trading that pick along with this years second to the Rams (the Rams have Stafford and don't want Griffin).

Now, the thing about Minny, is they need a LT - skins will trade Trent Williams, who has undoubtedly fallen out a favor with the front office for a SECOND rounder. Redskins already have a suitable replacement even though no one knows his name - that's because Willie Smith is a football player - not a 'star.'

The most important reason that this trade will happen, is that Dan Snyder cannot miss out on an opportunity to flex his mighty wallet muscle. I wish I had one......that is to say, I wish mine were a bit more well developed.

Discus.....

they should stay where they are at.

they will get a stud at that pick....LT khalil from USC, WR blackmon from Ok St, QB jones from Ok, RB richardson from alabama, LSU has a bunch of players that are NFL ready.

Running QBs dont last long in the NFL. He's a good smart kid but i wouldnt trade up for him.

they should stay where they are at.

they will get a stud at that pick....LT khalil from USC, WR blackmon from Ok St, QB jones from Ok, RB richardson from alabama, LSU has a bunch of players that are NFL ready.

Running QBs dont last long in the NFL. He's a good smart kid but i wouldnt trade up for him.

Who.....who should stay put?

By the way.....never take a WR with a top ten pick - they are cursed.

redskins should stay at 6th pick.

AJ Green and Julio Jones are/have been very good for being rookie WRs.

I agree WR is a risky pick, all 1st picks are. I think Blackmon(Ok St) and Floyd(ND) will do okay.

redskins should stay at 6th pick.

AJ Green and Julio Jones are/have been very good for being rookie WRs.

I agree WR is a risky pick, all 1st picks are. I think Blackmon(Ok St) and Floyd(ND) will do okay.

Skins don't need a wide-out, if they do they should trade for one - WR has too much risk associated with it - more than any other position.

I saw one of his games, he looked like a franchise QB to me. :shock:

Griffin is an absolute freak of nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMWjmfwhCg&feature=related

Like his way-cool "been there before" post TD handoff to the ref! Classy.

until he get his knee busted. no way I would draft him. But im so over running QBs.......som im biased.

until he get his knee busted. no way I would draft him. But im so over running QBs.......som im biased.

I would not want him to run a lot. I want him throwing deep. He's mobility will help him to avoid pressure.

Deck,I don't think that Trent Williams will be traded.He is the first guy that Shanahan drafted and trading him would be an admission that it was a mistake.

Shanahan has screwed up at every turn and I expect that he will continue to screw up the process of finding a good QB.

.More than anything else,Mike Shanahan's judgement regarding the QB position has led us to where we are now.

I have some ideas about what will transpire in the offseason, but right now I am totally sick about being 5-11 and finishing in last place in the division again.

Lets demand some accountability from the Shanahans before we go pollyanna into the offseason.

Deck,I don't think that Trent Williams will be traded.He is the first guy that Shanahan drafted and trading him would be an admission that it was a mistake.

Shanahan has screwed up at every turn and I expect that he will continue to screw up the process of finding a good QB.

.More than anything else,Mike Shanahan's judgement regarding the QB position has led us to where we are now.

I have some ideas about what will transpire in the offseason, but right now I am totally sick about being 5-11 and finishing in last place in the division again.

Lets demand some accountability from the Shanahans before we go pollyanna into the offseason.

One thing that you can say for sure about Shanny is he doesn't keep picks just to prove a point. if you eff up, you're gone.

This team is talented - it needs depth, all new safeties, and two very good QB's these things take time.

11-5 next year.

edit:

OK, 6-10. :mad:

OK, 6-10.

Lol...

Yeah...we have some good players, but so does everyone else.

Preparation,effort and motivation were more of a factor in of our division this year than talent.

We were good enough "talent wise" to beat the NFC East Champion Giants twice.

Problem=Bad coaching trumps good talent just about every time.

We will see what happens with Davis and Williams.

I expect them to both be back as Redskins next season.

OK, 6-10.

Lol...

Yeah...we have some good players, but so does everyone else.

Preparation,effort and motivation were more of a factor in of our division this year than talent.

We were good enough "talent wise" to beat the NFC East Champion Giants twice.

Problem=Bad coaching trumps good talent just about every time.

We will see what happens with Davis and Williams.

I expect them to both be back as Redskins next season.

I went out on a limb a little on this one - if you don't do that on the interwebz.....it's boring.

Being boring trumps all other woes when it comes to the net.

Skins don't need a wide-out, if they do they should trade for one - WR has too much risk associated with it - more than any other position.

Griffin is an absolute freak of nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMWjmfwhCg&feature=related

Like his way-cool "been there before" post TD handoff to the ref! Classy.

Im not saying they NEED a wideout but they DO need A LOT of skill set players. at the 6th spot you take the best available.

They need to get people healthy, i dont follow the skins enough but it always seems they have a lot of players hurt or not playing.

Trent Williams has to come back , he was a good draft pick, the correct pick.

They gotta find a way to keep laron landry healthy. i think it would be dumb of them to let him walk b/c of an injury.

QB position has the most risk. Think the colts proved that this season.

again I agree griffin is special. if he's there at 6 take em but I wouldnt move up or down to take him.

If they take safety from lsu that would work as well. if they do trade the pic for more picks i wouldnt move down to far, there are some awesome DL and LBs in this years draft.

Im not saying they NEED a wideout but they DO need A LOT of skill set players. at the 6th spot you take the best available.

They need to get people healthy, i dont follow the skins enough but it always seems they have a lot of players hurt or not playing.

Trent Williams has to come back , he was a good draft pick, the correct pick.

They gotta find a way to keep laron landry healthy. i think it would be dumb of them to let him walk b/c of an injury.

QB position has the most risk. Think the colts proved that this season.

again I agree griffin is special. if he's there at 6 take em but I wouldnt move up or down to take him.

If they take safety from lsu that would work as well. if they do trade the pic for more picks i wouldnt move down to far, there are some awesome DL and LBs in this years draft.

Thanks for the good info. You never know with shanney - he might have his eye on another QB. :shock:

They should actually try to get one of the free agent quarterbacks available this year (Flynn from GB?), and make that first rounder into multiple picks with another team to plug the holes they still have. They need a draft like last year to finish the rebuilidng, then they need another season to jell as a team.