Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alaskansteve

Me & the moose

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

So i go down to the shop to build more shrimp pots, i usually fire up the diesel heater to warm up the compressor before i turn it on. well the fuel in the heater tank is jelled into crisco grease so no heat for the compressor so i carry out some pots to make room in the shop do a couple of more things in the shop then decide that at 20 below zero i could be doing better stuff up at the house so i lock up and start walking back to the house till i see the roadblock, mom moose & baby moose are having lunch and are in my way so i just hung out for awhile freezing my arse off waiting for them to move on. I didn't want to try and get by them cause mom was looking at me and shaking her head a lot, only other thing could of been is ears going flat, the hackles going up and charging/stomping me into the snow. Last pic is looking up toward my house, its hidden in the trees past the cabin i built for my wife to do her stained glass & weaving in.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2695748/width/600/height/402]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2695750/width/600/height/402]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2695761/width/480/height/640]

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskansteve View Post

Yeah except our snow doesn't go away till April !!

But you're prepaired for it, its expected along with the wildlife, a way of life, don't have to get on a bus and travel to NYC-----and OMG tell your wife what beautiful work she does.  Get her into rod building, bet she could do a mean diamond wrap.icon14.gif

smile.gifHappyWave.gif

Very nice Steve. Ya know what? I can hear the quiet, and feel the peacefulness. And the loom, I haven't seen one of those in a long time! Very, very nice indeed!smile.gif

Very nice Steve. Ya know what? I can hear the quiet, and feel the peacefulness. And the loom, I haven't seen one of those in a long time! Very, very nice indeed!:)

You should see her spin fiber on one of her spinning wheels !!

But you're prepaired for it, its expected along with the wildlife, a way of life, don't have to get on a bus and travel to NYC-----and OMG tell your wife what beautiful work she does.  Get her into rod building, bet she could do a mean diamond wrap.:th:

:):wave:

Not everybody is ready for it by the number of cars and trucks i see on their roofs when i go into anchorage :D. I'll tell her what you said but i don't think she'll get into rodbuilding she like doing stained and fused glass to much along with the weaving.

In a technological world, there are still the basics being done by some. There is something so good about that Steve. Do many woman up your way use the loom and spinning wheel?

Nice pic's, COLD up there. Yesterday we had a high temp of 47 or something like that. This morning when I got up at 0400 it was 41 deg. Crazy stuff. Mother nature, go figure. Have a happy new year!

Yeah except our snow doesn't go away till April !!

and except for a few "yellow" spots. I'll bet it stays white that long too & not the dirty stuff we get after 2 days. You live in God's country but too cold for this old man.

Happy New Year guy !