Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hertzy

I upgraded!!!

8 posts in this topic

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but last season I had that little yellow coleman yak. I loved that little thing and used the hell out of it. It didn't perform that great, but it did get me to places I never could by wading. I didn't want to spend a ton of cash on my first yak, until I tried it. I was told it's not for everyone! Well I just put an 11ft OK prowler trident with camo paint on lay-a-way! Will get it home in plenty of time to rig it up for spring! I need to do a search and see how others set theirs up. It's going to be a long winter sitting in my ice shanty dreaming of paddling! LOL

Happy New year Hertzy! I have a OK Trident 11, I lik eit a lot, I had to stay short for creek travel, but the thing is a good all around yak. I've mounted a rod holder in the rod pod cover, but just bought some three quarter starboard an dam going to make two new covers much narrower and set up for what I want. I've taken my Trident on overnight fishing trips carrying a stove and four man tent, I'm amazed how much stuff can be put inside the hull. About the only thing I did to my yak is cut off the rigging lines as they snagged my hooks sometimes and get caught on stuff....Jack.

well, here she is! Fish finder installed, anchor trolley installed "not in pic". Waiting for my Plano 1612 dry box for the back, and rod tubes to mount on it. Then she should be ready for the water. Oh the ram rod holder is just sitting there. I have not figured out were I want it. May wait till I use it a few times.

IMG-20111104-00183.jpg

IMG-20111104-00181.jpg

Nice set up. Which model Humminbird is that?

It's an old 343 color unit. Was on my boat for years, but upgraded to a Lowrance unit. Works well, but not as nice as the Lowrance. I had it set up for ice fishing, but really never use it seeing my have a Aqu-vu camera. So I figured, why not throw it on the new yak!