Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveT

Newbie!

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Hey everybody I'm a newbie on the site. I am originally from Rhode Island but moved to Florida about 6 years ago now. I never fished when I lived in Rhode Island. It wasn't till I moved to Florida when I picked up fishing. I actually own a fishing website based in Florida but won't post it unless I'm told that it is ok to do so. Basically I joined this site because I am planning a trip to RI in June and want to catch a RI fish! (Striper maybe?) Not really sure what people fish for mostly in RI, but want to learn so I can find some fish when I get there. I have a guy named Striper Mike who I'm working with on my website that fishes/lives in Humarock, Massachusetts and I will more than likely hook up with him when I get there but I'd like to find out what's biting closer to Providence also, since that's more than likely where I'll be staying. Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome to the site! :)

Poke around, you'll find a lot of threads taking about fishing (Stripers) in Rhody during June. :)

Thanks all for the welcomes! Look forward to hearing about RI fishing...I was actually thinking of moving back to RI but I don't know if I could leave Florida for the fishing in itself...not to mention all the other things Florida offers, but boy do I miss me some Marchetti's and Iggy's! Oh yea... Awful Awful's too smile.gif

No. The OP mentioned Striper Mike from Marshfield. Mike Cragin caught a Bluefin Tuna while surfcasting for Stripers about 10-12 years ago I would guess. He fought the fish for over an hour and landed it on the beach. I don't recall how big it was, but I'm quite sure it was well over 100lbs. Van Staal used his story and picture for a while in some of their advertising back then. He has some nice Stripers to his credit as well.