Seriously why does a west wind...

Rate this topic

Rustyjigz

Keep people from fishing? I want to go fish tomorrow but I have a sneaky feeling these people won't show and we will not end up going out.

This doesn't look bad to me especially since the fish are still shallow...

Mon

W winds 20 to 25 kt. Occasional gusts up to 35 kt in the morning. Seas 4 to 6 ft.

Mon Night

W winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Scattered flurries in the evening.

That actually looks good to me.

Wind/conditions were not good, but not bad either. fishing the bow was adventurous, but luckily it laid down (a little) in the PM. high hook had 10, some others 6, and assorted quantities amoung the other, but most people went home with fish. Two fish over ten pounds on the boat today. Decent bite, all on whites. Great time with Mickrazz, Greg (Slacker), Tony (Snaps), Joe (Sumo) and Dave (Tats), and also nice to see Lab greating the boat as we returned. Fun day and sore hands, LOL

Riff Raff

Mimi Russ..Scotty and Slacker carried the load today, both with 6 nice fish, giving the extra 2 to people that didn't have as many. I managed 2 keeps but stayed in the stern cuz I'm getting to old to play in the bow in that cold wind. My day was a great success though, as I managed to do what I set out to do this morning. Like I stated in a previous post, some of the things I saw this season were bugging me, so...yesterday I went to Dick's and bought a Zebco 202 spincast reel on clearance for 2 dollars and mounted it on an old spinning rod. It came spooled with 12lb mono so I respooled it with 30lb mono. Within 15 minutes of the first drop I had myself a nice 3 lb. fish. The rod was bent over double. It actually was a lot of fun.

Nice to see Scotty and Dave, and I haven't fished with Sumo in years. Oh...I was the dogfish king today. All those wasted coachbags...:(

The Magnificent Presence

Mimi Russ..Scotty and Slacker carried the load today, both with 6 nice fish, giving the extra 2 to people that didn't have as many. I managed 2 keeps but stayed in the stern cuz I'm getting to old to play in the bow in that cold wind. My day was a great success though, as I managed to do what I set out to do this morning. Like I stated in a previous post, some of the things I saw this season were bugging me, so...yesterday I went to Dick's and bought a Zebco 202 spincast reel on clearance for 2 dollars and mounted it on an old spinning rod. It came spooled with 12lb mono so I respooled it with 30lb mono. Within 15 minutes of the first drop I had myself a nice 3 lb. fish. The rod was bent over double. It actually was a lot of fun.

Nice to see Scotty and Dave, and I haven't fished with Sumo in years. Oh...I was the dogfish king today. All those wasted coachbags...:(

Nice! I would have paid your fare just to see that set up in action and the look on peoples faces. :D Glad some got out today, Thursday is my next opportunity and then again probably sat or sun...

Zero Error Bombsite Company has been the end of many fine tog.