Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

NY Sunday Times year-end wrap up

1 post in this topic

A couple of things of interest in the paper today.

One has nothing whatever to do with beach driving, but it's interesting. All three reviewers were wowed by the 2011 Ford Mustang Boss 302. I will quote just from one reviewer's comment.

" I couldn't stop driving this Mustang. I couldn't stop talking about it or listening to the mating call of its high-revving 414 - horsepower V8. And on the racetrack, I couldn't stop lapping until the last checkered flag had dropped. The best production Mustang in history - sorry, boomers, but 1960s nostalgia only goes so far - can match the lap times of a BMW M3. That's just crazy." One other reviewer made the same comparison to the BMW in his rundown on notable cars of the 2011 year. Any comment from the ponyhead crew here?

The other item referred to the Jeep Wrangler with a new Pentastar V-6 as being transformed. The reviewer considered the 2011 Wrangler as a sharp, dramatic improvement in on-road performance, and really, really liked the engine. Is there anyone with any experience of the PentaStar in a Wrangler (or other vehicle of comparable weight) who can comment? The Wrangler was considered, by another columnist, to be a major part of the reason that Chrysler sold 25% more vehicles in 2011 than in 2010.