Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JHutch

New Lowrance Elite 4 series fish finders

13 posts in this topic

Check 'em out on the Lowrance website. They look very nice. Same technology as the bigger 5" versions, but in a 3.5" screen. The price seems nice too. An ideal kayak FF!

Likewise..... I originally was set to purchase the Elite 5 DSi with the gift cards I received for christmas, but after seeing this little beauty, I'm hooked on the 4 series

I just saw one of these at fishing show (ISE)

Small package with sonar/GPS capability. The rep said they were made expressly for the yak market.

Has anyone had a chance to use one?

I'm still a month or so away from purchasing one for my yak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iverfish View Post

I just saw one of these at fishing show (ISE)

Small package with sonar/GPS capability. The rep said they were made expressly for the yak market.

Has anyone had a chance to use one?

I'm still a month or so away from purchasing one for my yak.

I've got my eye on them too, but haven't seen one up close yet. What were your impressions about the screen size?

Screen size is small, yet readable for me without glasses.

Leastwise that is a big concern for me.

I intend to find a dealer that can spend a little time with me, just to show the finer points.

The show was a bit too busy.

Nice fishfinder but I can't justify putting on a ff that cost more than my kayak (bought used). Also a color screen and dual scan are extras I really don't need.

Perhaps when I get the Wilderness Ride 115 then I would consider one. Just dreaming for now.

Right now my old Eagle Cuda 250 suits my needs. I bought it used at eBay for $65. That compares to the $275 I paid for a used OK Scrambler XT.

I've got two Lowrance X-4 pros right now but wish I had one of these. If I ever come up with extra cash or one of mine die I will be checking these out for sure. These thing look perfect for what I want.

Reopening an old thread so I don't get burned for opening a new thread that has already been started. I want to get a lowrance fishfinder for my 2014 lowrance ready hobie outback. I am looking at the elite 4 series line. Should I just get the x4 or go for the Elite 4, elite 4x, dsi, hdi. I want feedback from everyone based on their experience only IF THEY ACTUALLY HAVE IT not based on reading reviews from somewhere else. I know some people mentioned they have problems with water getting in. I plan on sealing up the SD card slot to prevent that from happening. Only if you fish in saltwater with it, which one do you have and what are the pros and cons of yours. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!