Just smoked my last cig

Rate this topic

Redmenace

Been a long time coming. After 20+ years was like cutting ties with an a**hole of a friend who was always there. Keeping the butt to remind myself how nasty it is. Ugh. Feel sorry sorry for those who have to deal with me for the next couple weeks.

Be the best thing you ever did. Grab a bag of lifesavers to help you over the next couple of weeks; the pain will be worth it and I can't begin to tell you of the trouble you just might avoid if you quit now...:)

Posting on My Own Dime Since 2006.

Do a search here in the tavern. A lot of people are doing it. Read the book by Allen Carr- "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking". Really. You don't need to suffer through it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0615482155/ref=sib_dp_kd#reader-link

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose

Been a long time coming. After 20+ years was like cutting ties with an a**hole of a friend who was always there. Keeping the butt to remind myself how nasty it is. Ugh. Feel sorry sorry for those who have to deal with me for the next couple weeks.

:clap: Just smoked my last cig. :clap:

Cigs are killers.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

I quit back in 1996. Best move I ever made - enjoy your extra 10 years of life!

congrats to both of you.  it was the happiest day i can remember in a while the day my father quit.  did it on his 50th birthday and smoked for close to 38yrs.  yes 38.  he used the patch.  said it wasnt too bad.  get the lifesavers or some kind of candy.  my dad likes those little red cough drop type lozenges.  i think ludens makes them.  any way congrats men!  enjoy breathing fresh air again! 

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion 

Happy New Year and congrats with quitting it is one of the best things you can do for your health.I quit in Nov 2003 the same day I found out I was going to need open heart surgery to repair my arteries.The main reason for this was to many years of cigaretts.Hope this little note gives you the extra push you need to stick with it.

Good fer you! You'll make it cause ya want to quit. That's the secret, plain and simple.

It only takes about 3 days to get the addiction outta your system. After that, you're pretty much home free.

Best of luck!

An 8 oz sinker and a bunker head will only fly so far...

Good fer you! You'll make it cause ya want to quit. That's the secret, plain and simple.

It only takes about 3 days to get the addiction outta your system. After that, you're pretty much home free.

Best of luck!

I agree with "getting it out of your system" but the cravings don't usually subside for a month or two. Be ready to do whatever it takes. :th:

For the OP, post in this thread everyday if you want. I think that would make for good reading and it will help you to stay focused.

;)

Happy New Year and congrats with quitting it is one of the best things you can do for your health.I quit in Nov 2003 the same day I found out I was going to need open heart surgery to repair my arteries.The main reason for this was to many years of cigaretts.Hope this little note gives you the extra push you need to stick with it.

Walt, how are you doing since the surgery?

I been trying to quit for the last year or so, I just cant seem to let go. These things are awful. Im 27 and have already been smoking for 15 years. Ill be lucky if I make it to see my 50th birthday if I dont get a grip on it. Im no stranger to withdrawel and was able to quit an addiction that one would think would be harder to kick than cigs. What always gets me is the bodegas that sell singles. I can keep myself from buying packs, but being able to buy a single smoke or two is what always gets me coming back. Im thinking about maybe trying that book

Proud owner of a Tasmanian Blood-Fanged Death Hound

I been trying to quit for the last year or so, I just cant seem to let go. These things are awful. Im 27 and have already been smoking for 15 years. Ill be lucky if I make it to see my 50th birthday if I dont get a grip on it. Im no stranger to withdrawel and was able to quit an addiction that one would think would be harder to kick than cigs. What always gets me is the bodegas that sell singles. I can keep myself from buying packs, but being able to buy a single smoke or two is what always gets me coming back. Im thinking about maybe trying that book

Try the book, go to your doctor for help....anything that will help you to stop. I am in remission from cancer (30 months). When I was first diagnosed the docotr asked me two questions: 1) How much do you smoke? 2) OK, how Long ago did you smoke?. You just don't want to go through any part of that. Do what you have to in order to stop smoking. If you fall down and have a nail, quit again. Quit until it sticks.

Posting on My Own Dime Since 2006.

A friend of mine quit cold turkey after many years.  She went to a Dr. for acupuncture.  I was going to send you his name, but you are in NC and he's in Philadelphia.  There must be other doctors who can do this, too.  She said it didn't hurt a bit and only a slight tingling experience.  Took all craving away.  Also, just think of all the money you'll save.   wink.gif