Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XBMX

AOL Issue, New vs Old

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Are there any tips to speed up response time using AOL ??  My computer flys on every site I visit except SOL under the new format.  Before May it was "click-bang" no lag whatsoever, same laptop just old SOL.  Now I have a 5-7 second lag on a topic change.  Its OK using Chrome but I don't want to reregister each time I log onto SOL, sometimes I'm on 6-8 times a day.  Any tips re setting changes will be gratefully appreciated. 

Its OK using Chrome but I don't want to reregister each time I log onto SOL, sometimes I'm on 6-8 times a day.  Any tips re setting changes will be gratefully appreciated. 

Why do you have to log on every time using Chrome?

I use Chrome, and I haven't had to log on for months now.

I think it made me select Chrome as my default brouser enter my SOL password and when I'ed go back to SOL using AOL I'ed have to do the same all over again.

Hmmmmm.........I use both Chrome and IE as browsers (mostly Chrome, and that is my default since I started using it, but I keep IE just so I can check out this site using that when others have issues with it), and never had to log in even when switching back and forth between the two. Making one or the other as your default shouldn't matter. (And you don't HAVE to make Chrome your default.)

Have never used AOL, so I can't speak to that.

You don't, by chance, have the browsers set to clear your cookies on exit, do you? If so, that would cause you to have to log in each time.

Steve----my Son and I cleaned out a load of dead shift/cookies ect and have a noticeable improvement. But still has a delay not experienced on other sites. If I go to say *********** (a pretty popular forum) my machine flys, just like old SOL. Only answer that makes seance is this Huddler outfit is anti AOL. I want to say thanks for your assistance, its all the members such as yourself that makes this place so great. Happy New Year, Rick