Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gray gables

Brock Lesnar

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Saw the lowlights on Sportcenter. Got a kick in the ribs and went down like a house of cards. He got too used to the fake punches in WWE. Doesn't like to get hit for real.  cwm27.gif

The guy was all agression and intimidation.A great college wrestler.But, Frank Mir exposed him to his lack of skills.Although he came back and beat Mir.I felt he was going to have lots of trouble with the really skilled big boys!

Has anyone here ever been kicked in the liver, ribs, etc by a professional fighter? I have and I can tell you that I would rather be punched in the face. The shot that got him was enough to drop almost anyone. I am sure Overeem knew that Lesnars torso is still not 100% after all those surgeries, losing two feet of colon etc. He was a great athlete, but his time has come to hang up the gloves. Nothing wrong with going out on a loss, facing the crowd and saying this is it for me. No dishonor in that....problem comes when guys milk their name for far to long to collect a paycheck. When they do that it is not fair to family, friends, fans or the sport in general as they could get hurt and their chances of winning are slim.

Has anyone here ever been kicked in the liver, ribs, etc by a professional fighter? I have and I can tell you that I would rather be punched in the face. The shot that got him was enough to drop almost anyone. I am sure Overeem knew that Lesnars torso is still not 100% after all those surgeries, losing two feet of colon etc. He was a great athlete, but his time has come to hang up the gloves. Nothing wrong with going out on a loss, facing the crowd and saying this is it for me. No dishonor in that....problem comes when guys milk their name for far to long to collect a paycheck. When they do that it is not fair to family, friends, fans or the sport in general as they could get hurt and their chances of winning are slim.

Yea he did put alot of knee shots to Brock,,definantly think the surgeries he had to save his life,,put the whammy on his MMA career..I just hope he dont go back to the fake crap..>))>

whatever your favorite excuse is, my friend joosh was right about him. in the end, blame the injury, blame the huge phalic tat, he was just a flash in the pan and went out soft. the guy came out doing it right, playing to his strengths and taking people down. if you look at his last 2 fights, both KO losses, he came out with a flying knee against cain and trying to be a muay thai guy against overeem. somebody got in his ear about being well rounded and he got away from what made him dangerous. if he came out of his corner charging at the other guy, dogs the takedown then drops ham, he is still champ i think. but no, he wanted to be a student of the game and be special. a little disappointing imo. and im more than a little worried about juniors chances against alister but im gonna say it right now junior KOs overeem. whos down

whatever your favorite excuse is, my friend joosh was right about him. in the end, blame the injury, blame the huge phalic tat, he was just a flash in the pan and went out soft. the guy came out doing it right, playing to his strengths and taking people down. if you look at his last 2 fights, both KO losses, he came out with a flying knee against cain and trying to be a muay thai guy against overeem. somebody got in his ear about being well rounded and he got away from what made him dangerous. if he came out of his corner charging at the other guy, dogs the takedown then drops ham, he is still champ i think. but no, he wanted to be a student of the game and be special. a little disappointing imo. and im more than a little worried about juniors chances against alister but im gonna say it right now junior KOs overeem. whos down

Spot on. I didn't see many of his earlier fights but my son said if he went in for takedowns like he did earlier in his career he woulda had a shot. He looked awkward and lost when he tried to stand with Overeem.

Brock didnt fight good strikers his first few fights. Kim, Mir, Couture, Herring, are not good strikers. Brock won because those guys suited his style of fighting, even though he lost to Mir the first time. His fight against Carwin was a fluke. Carwin beat the hell out of Brock in the 1st round and could barely raise his arms in the second so Brock submitted him. I love how Dana White talks about game plans and how these fighters should do this or that but yet he isnt a fighter himself. Does he really think Overeem was going to just sit there and let Brock take him down if Brock came right out with the shot? Would JDS have just let Cain rush over and take him to the mat? Umm. . . . . no. These guys train in NOT getting taken down and both defended an early takedown in each fight. Both Cain and Brock had to let their attempts go because they knew it wasnt going to work. They had to set up the takedown before it was going to work and in both cases they got beat the hell up before they were able to do so. The only way Brock could still be HW champ is if he fought wrestlers with pillows for hands, or guys 60lbs lighter then him like Couture. Guys who punched back and wouldnt lay on their backs like a prom date were too much for him to deal with.

Brock Lesnar pleads guilty to Canadian hunting violations

By Kevin HoffmanWed., Dec. 21 2011 at 7:00 AM

Categories: Brock Lesnar

0digg

Brock Lesnar is sorry for killing all your animals, Canada.

​Brock Lesnar didn't fight the law, but the law won anyway.

The former UFC heavyweight champion and U of M wrestling standout pleaded guilty to improper tagging of an animal for shooting a mule deer buck in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada. In exchange, two other related charges were dropped.

In punishment, Lesnar was fined $1,725 and had his hunting license suspended for six months.

In a released statement, Lesnar apologized (sort of) for the mistake:

"In November 2010, I went on a filmed hunt in Alberta, CA. It was sponsored by Fusion Ammunition and guided by Trophy Hunters Alberta. In Alberta, Americans can't hunt without a licensed outfitter. The outfitter is there to make sure you follow the rules. I had two deer tags for the trip which meant I could legally shoot two deer. On the first day of the trip, I shot a mule deer. On the second day, I shot a white tail. Video from the hunt has been on the internet for over a year. After I shot the mule deer, I failed to immediately tag it. As far as I was involved, that's all there is to it.

Now it's resolved. I paid my fine today. It's the kind of thing that happens to hunters all the time. I want to thank the Canadian authorities for their cooperation in resolving this misunderstanding. I love Canada and I can't wait to go back to Alberta for a hunt."

He seems contrite toward Canada now, but Lesnar once blamed Canada's medical system for almost killing him after he fell ill with diverticulitis but was misdiagnosed with mono.

Lesnar is scheduled to fight K-1 Kickboxer Alistair Overeem on December 30 at UFC 141