Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valkyrie

Who is Fishing the 9' Mojo?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I bought one based on the other two Mojos I have. It is the 3/4-4oz model to replace a cheap rod that broke last summer. Pairing it with a 460 Slammer..plan to toss 1-3oz jigs bucktails etc from the rocks and fluke from the beach. Primarily a rod my gf will use also.

I bought one of these, same model, because it was a good deal and I couldn't pass it up. It sat for about 4 months and I never even thought about using it. Figured I could sell it and make a quick buck. For some reason I decided to fish it one night and it's been one of my favorite sticks ever since.

I take it on quick overnight fishing trips to Block, it's paired w/a VS 150. Very light combo. Can cast all night with it. Taken a few big fish too. Pretty stiff, fast action. Will throw 3 oz no prob. 4 oz would be a reach. Can whip a Mag Darter or loaded Redfin just fine, at the lower end of the scale. Not a good live eel rod, in my view. Not the rod I grab in big surf either.

No complaints whatsoever--great warranty. I really love this rod and have nothing bad to say about it.

my 2 cents

I bought one of these, same model, because it was a good deal and I couldn't pass it up. It sat for about 4 months and I never even thought about using it. Figured I could sell it and make a quick buck. For some reason I decided to fish it one night and it's been one of my favorite sticks ever since.

I take it on quick overnight fishing trips to Block, it's paired w/a VS 150. Very light combo. Can cast all night with it. Taken a few big fish too. Pretty stiff, fast action. Will throw 3 oz no prob. 4 oz would be a reach. Can whip a Mag Darter or loaded Redfin just fine, at the lower end of the scale. Not a good live eel rod, in my view. Not the rod I grab in big surf either.

No complaints whatsoever--great warranty. I really love this rod and have nothing bad to say about it.

my 2 cents

I have the 10' 1-4 and the 10'6" 3/4-4 models that cover the rest of my needs and I love the rods. I use a 11' Tsunami for snagging and dropping bunker or throwing bait. But I like fishing lures better.

I have the 8' 1 piece which I fished every day for 4 months down in South Carolina off the beaches. Teamed up with a Shimano Stella 5000. 20 lb Braid

Caught loads of fish. Blues, Speckled Trout, Spotted Trout, Flounder,Rays,Small Sharks & a 22 lb Red Fish. I had about 8 rods with me & fished the Mojo 90% of the time. Sweet Rod..........

I have the 1-4 nine footer, great rod for 1 1/2 to 3 oz for old small people

I have the same rod paired with a 710 and its a perfect match. Great for throwing metal and loaded redfins. I also have the 10'6" 3/4-4 that I use for plugging paired with a 704. These rods are great!