Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jameso20o

Which Tsunami rod should I get?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I'd like a 2 piece 8 footer that throws up to around three ounces (and can also throw light lures) that can handle both big and small fish. Which Tsunami rod should I get? Which one do you like the most? :)

I have two Tsunami 5-Star 2pc. rods. One is 10', the other is 8'.

You get a lot of bang for your buck with those. I have had these durable rods for a season now, with no problems, and have pulled in some great fish with them. Backbone is good, as well as the guides.

I have the 10ft airwave and love it. I had the 8ft 3/4-3oz airwave and loved it. I did eventually break the rod at the connection point, but got more than my moneys worth out of the rod. Sweet spot was 1oz to 1.5oz, i highly doubt it could cast 3oz as it really felt strained casting 2oz. But light wieght and very durable rod, plenty of backbone (within reason for an 8ft 2piece rod), and for a very good price. Im not sure how it is now with Pac bay guides vs the fuji guides it used to come with. I have the 8ft trophy series also and have had nothing but problems with guides and tips, will never buy another trophy series but for a small price increase the airwave seems to be a much better choice.

jameso200......I have the Tsunami Airwave 8' and 10' rods and love them. This my 5th season fishing both and not a single issue......can not beat them for the price and value. I fish the Nj beaches and throw plugs ,metals,exclusively and have not a problem.....other than my shoulder and arms.....throwing AVA 47's in the wind and heavy surf when needed. Good rods.