WTB Flats Boat 16'-18'

JerryV

I'm in the market for a good reliable flats boat for striper fishing in the rivers. looking for a boat similar to a Carolina Skiff, Aluminum boats would work to like a Lund . Also a casting platform would be a bonus. I will be flyfishing mostly, so the wider the better.

I'd rather buy a boat from a member here, so I know it has been well cared for.

Thanks

-Jerry

I have a 17' Logic/Triumph with a 50hp Honda 4s I was considering selling. Not a flats boat but very shallow draft with a platform up front. Great on gas, super low maintenance and bulletproof hull that rides super smooth for a boat of this size. Google Triumph boats and read about the roplene hull and benefits of this design. Let me know if this is something you might be interested in. I live on Martha's Vineyard so logistics may be an issue for you but let me know your thoughts.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

I know a great deal about Triumph boats, I think that they're one of the best boats out there. We already have a 19' Polar CC that we use for most fishing outings. I was looking for something that would cost a little less money. Unless you are unloading this at a great price.

Thanks MV Bluefish, very nice boat.

I hear ya'. Hard to compete with a much less expensive Carolina skiff which can accommodate a smaller engine. I only launched it twice last year and its a shame because its a great boat I've babied for 10 years with little troubles. Engine has 400 or so hours on it. I would be asking $4700 for it.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau

MV Bluefish I am definitely interested Triumph is a great boat. Do you have winterized or is it in your garage?
If you want to send me PM with all the details and specifications, operating performance things of that nature. Maybe some more pictures if you have them. I am looking for a turn key and fish boat.

Thanks again.

Prefer to have everything relevant in this thread for your and my protection.

Winterized every fall (including this one). I can give you any info. you need but not sure specifically what you are looking for but let me start off with some preliminary info.

Engine: 2000 Honda BF50 w/ 400 hours power tilt/trim and full controls. Maintenance has been limited to water pumps, batteries, & honda recommended scheduled maintenance. Runs on 2 removable 6.6 gallon below deck tanks and have never burned through a full tank in a day even when fishing sunrise to sunset. Top speed at WOT as measured by GPS around 31 - 33 mph conditions depending. Has a metal planing plate (Bob's machine shop) and Skegard installed for better tracking and planing, also keeps the bow up under sloppy chop.

Hull is a Logic which is the name before Triumph took over the co. but is the same as Triumph and produced in the same factory with the same process. Production year is either 97 or 98 (I'll have to check). Has a padded Igloo cooler/seat. Casting platforms both fore and aft with 1 big hatch fore and 2 small hatches aft. Duel auto bilge pumps, Lowrance GlobalMap GPS. Has all required equipment needed to start and go. Not sure what sched. maintenance is due but I usually do that in the spring.

I'm at work now but will look for additional pix. Any other specific questions I can answer?

~Henry David Thoreau

Prefer to have everything relevant in this thread for your and my protection.

Winterized every fall (including this one). I can give you any info. you need but not sure specifically what you are looking for but let me start off with some preliminary info.

Engine: 2000 Honda BF50 w/ 400 hours power tilt/trim and full controls. Maintenance has been limited to water pumps, batteries, & honda recommended scheduled maintenance. Runs on 2 removable 6.6 gallon below deck tanks and have never burned through a full tank in a day even when fishing sunrise to sunset. Top speed at WOT as measured by GPS around 31 - 33 mph conditions depending. Has a metal planing plate (Bob's machine shop) and Skegard installed for better tracking and planing, also keeps the bow up under sloppy chop.

Hull is a Logic which is the name before Triumph took over the co. but is the same as Triumph and produced in the same factory with the same process. Production year is either 97 or 98 (I'll have to check). Has a padded Igloo cooler/seat. Casting platforms both fore and aft with 1 big hatch fore and 2 small hatches aft. Duel auto bilge pumps, Lowrance GlobalMap GPS. Has all required equipment needed to start and go. Not sure what sched. maintenance is due but I usually do that in the spring.

I'm at work now but will look for additional pix. Any other specific questions I can answer

Everything sounds great. Ill let you know by the end of the day.

Thought I had more pix. on the camera, I'll have to take some in daylight tomorrow.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2679220/width/600/height/450]

~Henry David Thoreau

Looks good so far. I was just checking the distance from my place to Martha's Vineyard, it's about 224 miles a little over 4 driving hours. I'm pretty sure I would have to take a ferry also. I'm definitely interested so I can work all that out.

However, since it is a little more than I was planning on, I am wondering if you are flexible at all on the price. I can come up with $4,000 cash right now. If this sounds ok with you, let me know and I can probably come at your earliest convenience.