Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickmd

WTT New 12'6' 5/6 wt 400 grain Loomis Versispey for a Switch Rod

3 posts in this topic

I have a 12'6' 5/6 wt 400 grain Loomis Versispey new and unused that I would like to trade for a 11 ft switch rod 7wt or similar gr wt rod rod in new or very good used condition. I am open to anything in 300 to 500 gr wt window. I like loomis, Sage Winston and Scott. I know there are plenty of other rod makers out there and I open to all makes. I have cast this model before. These loomis rod will throw a 400 gr skagit or 350 gr scandi well. It also overhands with an 8 wt outbound really well. I am just looking for something a little bit shorter. I am more than happy to keep this rod an use it if I don't get any bites. I just thought I would take a chance that I have exactly what someone wants and they may have what I am looking for.

I have an 11',3 piece, 7 weigft Thomas&Thomas that might suit you. It is an older rod Horizon series. I don't think that at that time they called it a switch rod but it has an extended rear grip ca.3.5 inches. I don't use it much because it has a wooden reel seat insert and I don't think it is saltwater safe. For freshwater it is just fine. There are some dings in the cork, and the ferrules have some scratches but it casts well and is quite functional. I have been thinking of having it redone as a true spey rod but if it would suit you I would be quite willing to trade it for your versaspey.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0