Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
C-Fish

PITBULL JUMPS TWO FENCES ATTACKS 3 YEAR OLD GIRL

Rate this topic

233 posts in this topic

They are persistent bastards. How come I never read about other breed doing this kind of aggressive stuff? You know, golden retriever jumps fence to lick giggling child. Something ain't right with some of these animals.

PLUMSTED — A 3-year-old girl was airlifted to a trauma center after being attacked in her yard and severely bitten on the back and head by a pit bull on Wednesday, authorities said.

The pit bull, which police say was involved in a Dec. 2 attack on a 34-year-old township woman, was captured by Animal Control and taken to the Ocean County Animal Shelter in Jackson Township, according to Cpl. Earl Meroney of the township Police Department. He said the animal will be euthanized after 10 days at the shelter.

“It has to be put down because this is the second attack,” Meroney said.

Technicians with the township emergency medical services responded at 12:32 p.m. Wednesday and treated the child at 412 E. Millstream Road, according to David Rogers Jr., Chief of New Egypt EMS, Plumsted Township Fire District 1.

“She was bitten many times by a full-size pit bull,” Rogers said. “Because of the severity of her injuries, it was decided that she would be flown to the trauma unit from a landing zone at New Egypt Speedway.

“She was conscious and alert the whole time we were treating her,” he said.

The child was taken to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune. Her condition was not available. Meroney said she was expected to stay overnight at the medical center. He did not identify the child nor either of the families involved.

“She has puncture wounds on her lower back and due to the depth of the wounds, they decided to airlift her,” Meroney said. “It looks like she is going to be OK.”

He said the pit bull was in the back yard of 413 Millstream Road and jumped two fences to get to the girl.

“The dog ran off as the mother came out to the child,” he said.

The pit-bull attack is the second in two months. The first happened Dec. 2 outside a Park Avenue home when a 34-year-old woman was beaten and a pit bull was ordered to attack her.

Shaun Hunt, 40, and Andrew Dockery Jr., 26, were charged with second-degree aggravated assault in connection with that attack, police said.

But the pit bull that attacked the little girl on Wednesday played a very different role in the Dec. 2 incident. It did not attack the woman; it charged the other pit bull that was attacking her, Meroney said.

No criminal charges have been filed and Patrolman Vince Doell is investigating.

The newest edition of the ISO homeowner policy allows for a full blown animal exclusion. Won't be long that dog bite claims are no longer covered, then we'll see how long people want to run the risk of paying out of pocket when their dog mauls someone.

It should be illegal to own or breed pit bulls.

Did you know that 2/3 of all dogs euthanized in the US are pits or pit type mongrels?

Millions of dogs euthanized every year....I blame the typical type of people that own these dogs as much as the breed itself though.

A true fan of pitbulls would agree with a US ban, if only to save so many dogs from being euthanized, much less poor little kids like this.

The newest edition of the ISO homeowner policy allows for a full blown animal exclusion. Won't be long that dog bite claims are no longer covered, then we'll see how long people want to run the risk of paying out of pocket when their dog mauls someone.

do you really think that the average pit bull owner gives two *****? Or even has homeowners insurance?

do you really think that the average pit bull owner gives two *****? Or even has homeowners insurance?

Don't know.

What I do know is that it's going to get expensive for ALL dog owners, pits included.

People make life changes when it cost them money.

just saying that landlords will say no pits and low lifes will still have them.....I dont think this change will impact anyone but folks who are already too smart and too caring to have a savage animal as a pet...

it was my daughter that got attacked,,,i would havee never thought something like this could happen to us! we were going outside to walk our dog ,in our own fenced in back yard, which is a yorkie mutt, very small, we barely made it off the steps when i saw the pit jumping the first fence, no more than a few seconds passed and he was latched on to her back and flinging her back and forth like a gosh darn rag doll!! i felt so helpless,,,of course now i think to myself "i should have done this or i should have done that" but all i could think of was getting his off her! the owner of the dog finally arrived in my backyard and basically just stood there, to be totallu honest, i think he was scared too, the dog had a collar on, he could have grabbed the collar, the dog dropped my little girl on the ground and started pacing back and fourth,,i tried to hide behind him scream please get him please get him,,,,finally the damn dog was away from my steps and i ran inside and called 911!! this is truely a parents worst nightmare...to have your child in a extreamly harmful situation and not be able to save her,,,,,,when we got in the house i peeled her feety pj's away from her back and saw just how bad it was! numerous hole in her back and pieces of her skin everywhere....emt's arrived and decided that because of the depth and location of the injuries she needed to be brought to a trama center on a helicopter!!! ive nver prayed so much in my entire life,,a very nice woman that lives in my neighborhood drove me and my younger daughter to the hospital because my husband was at work about 30 minutes away!!  right now she is recovering, the docs cleaned to wounds and stitched her up, she got a cat scan to be sure there was no internal injuries..thank GOD theres nothing! we r still in the hospital, the docs are concerned about infection so they want to monitor her and keep her on iv anti-biotics for another day or 2, maybe more depending. People need to know about what happend to my daughter and maybe it will make people wake up and realize that this particular breed of dogs are not your "normal" dog,,sure any dog is capable of causing harm, but my daughter did nother to provoke this dog and it jumped 2 fences just to get to us! I truely believe that should be outlawed in not only NJ, but in the country! i would like to know how many innocent children and adulst, need to be brutally attacked before something is done!! my daughter should recover from this, and be a normal little 3 year old in a few weeks or so, but she will forever have scars on her back and i will forever have this horrible memory of seeing my child inside the mouth of a crazed wild animal someone actually called "their pet"! i will never get the image of her back riddled with holes from pit bull teeth! no parent should ever have to go through what my family and i  have gone through!

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter was hurt in this way.:(

I hope that she will recover fully and that she and you will be able to cope with this situation now and in the future,

Take Care,

Dennis

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she makes a quick and full recovery. I've been witness to a few dog attacks. They were horrific and the images stayed with me for quite a while, so I can only imagine what you're going through.

If it was up to me, a permit would be needed if you owned a pit bull breed. If you own one without a permit, you face criminal charges just like guns. And if your dog escapes and injures someone, it's the same type of charge as if your gun isn't properly locked and someone uses it. Would put an end to irresponsible breeders, too, as they could face huge fines for "trafficking" dogs without permits. The responsible owners would still be able to own them

The fact that a number of dogs of different breeds bite/attack belies the fact that pit bull attacks are associated with demonstrably more severe injuries than those inflicted by other dogs. It also appears that many pit bull owners have no business having any dog, let alone a dog capable of inficting such injury.

Those who preach that it's simply the owner and note the dog's breed would be advised to understand the history of this breed.

All the best for your daughter's complete physical recovery - and hopefully no lasting trauma and fear of dogs.

Worthless breed of dog, they should be outlawed PERIOD. My brothers a Freehold Boro cop, he was attacked by a pitbull 2 years ago, the dog was about to get shot by another cop til it let go of my bro's arm, he was outa work for a while because of it.