Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sefmonster

Best plug for eel skin

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

What i have used in the past is a Tattoo 6" swimmer. I score a grove just behind the eyes to tie on the skin. I like these swimmers, because they are heavier and get down to swim near the bottom. 

i bought a lordship needle this year and made a eel skin plug it works pretty good i only fished it a little basically because needlefish and avas were the tickety by me.

I also bought a jnski eelskin swimmer but i couldnt figure out how to get an eelskin big enough to slide over the plug i tore 2 skins attempting it. may have been more user error than anything tho because these 2 were my first attempts at eelskins.

good luck. ive seen redfins to needles, dannys, swimmers and even poppers made into eelskins. the skies the limit to customizing an eelskin.

Big fan of eel skin's, I was fortunate to be shown these very early on when I started surf-casting. I personally use the following for eel skins. :)

BM Spin's

Lordship Jr's

Lordship 40's

Lordship Danny

AH Needles

Pt. Jude Eel Skin Jig 2 1/2 oz's (Thanks Joe!) :)

Cannot see from the photo but the jig head is hallow allowing water to flow through it, which inflates the eel skin to make it look like it's swimming.