Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levari

Jamica off-shore....tonight

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

How can you find out if they are sailing tonight? The Voyager cancelled tonight off-shore trip...Does anyone know what the status with the Jamaica?...

W WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KT...

DIMINISHING TO 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SEAS 4 TO 7 FT.

Why in the world would you want to fish in that? The Voyager is a great boat with an excellent captain. If he cancels that should tell you something.... If you really want the experience that bad, go outside, slam your head on the sidewalk 20 or 30 times and call it a night. Will save you a good amount of money and time because that's what you're going to feel like after a trip in those conditions.

Why in the world would you want to fish in that? The Voyager is a great boat with an excellent captain. If he cancels that should tell you something.... If you really want the experience that bad, go outside, slam your head on the sidewalk 20 or 30 times and call it a night. Will save you a good amount of money and time because that's what you're going to feel like after a trip in those conditions.

But you might still catch some fish :)

This is the accurate offshore forcast-

Hudson Canyon To Baltimore Canyon Including The Waters W Of

39.3n 71.9w...Sw To 37.7n 72.9w

Tonight

NW winds 25 to 35 kt diminishing to 20 to 25 kt. Seas 8 to 14 ft subsiding to 4 to 7 ft...except se portion to 7 to 10 ft.

Thu

NW winds 15 to 25 kt becoming SW 15 to 20 kt. Seas subsiding to 4 to 5 ft...highest E.

Thu Night

SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft...highest E.

Last time I did that the town asked me to fix the sidewalk...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last time I did that the town asked me to fix the sidewalk...

Let me know if you need help, I'll be there to help you in a heart beat, we will do it the right way! :th:

I am all about the help. :)

I was on the Atlantic Star and the truth is we only slammed once when we turned around to set anchor. You old men are a bunch of Pu$$ies and need to change your pads. :) Maybe Jeff gets seasick easily?:confused:

Wish I was on the Jamaica though. :(

Fished the Atlantic Star out of Wildwood Crest on 12/30. Seabass were a slow pick most of the day, nice sized fish though. Had to weed thru the monster bluefish. Final stop was the honey hole. Although I don't think there were many limits, the 3 of us overfilled a 100 qt cooler so that the lid would not close. First time on that boat, very happy with all aspects of the boat and crew.

Used to be that the Jamaica sailed in just about anything. Not sure if that is still the case. Was on it in 10 foot seas and once the anchor was down, we could stand without holding the rail. Didn't even know it was that rough until the sun came up...

They sailed that day..the waves were like 15 feet. .I did not know that they are going to sail and since they did not post anything on their web site or left a message on the phone, I did not want to take the chance to drive 2 hours and find out they cancel the trip...It's happened to me once before with another boat...

I was on the Jamaica fishing with my bro that day (Thursday). Seas were 5-7 early dropping to 3-4 late. No problem at all on that big boat. Howard took his time going out and it didn't feel rough at all down in the bunk room. My brother and myself easily limited out on large seabass. Great trip. As someone else previously said, sack up and go fishing ya wussies! :D