Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

Fat Cow WWWWWWWWW

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

On Page 88 of the same issue for O.T.W. Is your older brother with his 55 pound cow. When does the fish get back from the TAXidermised?

How come he was not smiling??

I happened to get a first hand, in person description of said 55 lb cow being caught recently......It was awesome to see how excited he got when he told the story and to get a first hand look at the pics.......for someone who hasn't broke 30lbs yet, jealousy wasn't even the word!

Sheckman Any one whom fishes has a chance to catch such a fish, but your chances multiply enormously when you put in many hours on the water to learn when those chances may pay off.

Jim and his bro Fatcow with out question put in more hours , during the prime fishing time then most, that fish along the waters of the Cape Cod canal.

They are not afraid to experiment with different approaches when it calls for it , nor are they afraid to fish in any kind of weather conditions.

All of which, also increases the luck factor, that such a fish may swim by and take your offering,

In the case of James and Bobby they find the luck factor on there side more then most, because of the dedticated approach they have taken in learning the ways of our elusive striped bass.

One could say, both have earned what ever they may catch , more then most and given all of the many hours fishing under various fishing conditions having gained the expertise and knowledge that takes many years to learn,in a shorter span then most.

One really never knows when the fish Gods will say it is your time, but unless you have the skills and the right equipment, a fish like this is a rare catch from the waters of the Big Ditch.

Over my life time I have seen many such fish, I even can say that I personally have had such a fish on the end of my line on several occasions inside the waters of the canal, only after a long battle to subdue it, lady luck intervened on the side of the fish .

So my hat goes off to Brother James for his remarkable catch, Who will be the one to catch, the next such fish, inside the canal is only up to the fish Gods and those that are willing to put in your time to increase your chances to such a trophy

There is no doubt about it.......From my conversation with Jimmy about the amount of time he and his brother put in, his set-up, etc, there is no question of how much there is to learn and can be learned. The best part is that my wife was present during all of this so she could see first hand that I really am not a psycho, there is a whole community of us......it was VERY helpful in that regard!

I see the background in that pic of the 55 pound cow.

Will someone tell me if that was the spot where the fish was caught?

I've seen other fish pic's of big canal fish caught, one showing Peter's Pond in the background, so that's the reason I'm askin'.

OTW magazine yes i know my dad knows Jimmy very well and i just happened to pick it up my dad's January 2012 copy while he visited with my daughter. b4 i even got a chance to read it i say "holy cow is right" my dad says let me see.he starts laughing and says there he is my buddy i been telling u about all year. he's an amazing fisherman he described to me quite sometime ago and here is now with his own acticle about that monster. GOOD FOR HIM!!! Great fish, my hats to u bro!!!

I see the background in that pic of the 55 pound cow.

Will someone tell me if that was the spot where the fish was caught?

I've seen other fish pic's of big canal fish caught, one showing Peter's Pond in the background, so that's the reason I'm askin'.

?? why do you even ask. you know the answer...