Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish13

Penn 704 manual bail conversion?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Could anyone tell me where to get them & how much the manual kits cost? cwm1.gif I have 2 old green ones & 2 of the Z series which I would like to change over. cwm11.gif

PS. TimS, Thanks for having a helpful site and this has to be the best bunch of guys to ask ?'s to. icon14.gif

Thanks to all who reply,

FISH13

Fish--

Welcome aboard to the site here. Rest assured, your search for the numero uno striper site has ended here. Anyway, enough patting Tim S on the back cwm11.gif .

The manual bail conversion can be purchased at most shops around these parts (or can be ordered through the rest of them I'm sure). The conversion costs about $5 and takes about 5 mins to put together. Make a few calls to your local shops to find out who has them in stock.

Hope this helps & good luck.

Pat

Governor,

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that. I just didn't think it was a common enough item for a tackle shop to carry. cwm1.gif Can you tell me if the manual kit comes with a new line roller or not? If not its no big deal all of my rollers are in good shape.

Thanks again,

FISH13 cwm11.gif

Fish--

To the best of memory, the conversion kit does come with a new line roller . I would think like I said that most shops carry them. The place where I got mine is a pretty small place and they obvioi8sly had it. I guess its because the 704 and 706 are such popular reels among us surfcasters.

Fish,

I don't think you'll find a new roller with the kit. As the Gov said, the kit will set you back a wopping 5 bucks. Fish Heads (on the right after you go over the bridge onto LBI) will have'um. And it is an easy thing to do yourself cwm32.gif .

Ed J

It's such an easy and quick conversion that most of the shops who have the kit will install it for you, no charge, in about the same time it takes them to piock out a dozen decent sized sandworms. And the kit doen't come with a new roller. The 704 comes thru with a fine roller, so good in fact that most of the old Luxor/Crack users put them on their reels.

Well guys, the only place that has them is Bogans in Brielle. I cant make it tomorrow as expected, so my question is does anyone have a good photo of 1 I could see.A friend of mine ownes a machine shop, so I might be able to get him to make me some.

cwm11.gif Thanks again, your a great bunch.

FISH13 cwm1.gif