Sparky

Attention Fatties

Rate this topic

8,469 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

that sucks Ish...finally broke three bills on the bench yesterday for the first time since being back.....so im not far behind ya :laugh:

Everything felt good until it didn't lol. Keeping those elbow's tucked is huge, I think I was able skirt by as long as I did doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Everything felt good until it didn't lol. Keeping those elbow's tucked is huge, I think I was able skirt by as long as I did doing that.

I woke up at 4am with the WORST pain in my shoulder. I was sleeping on my right side and that was all it took. Just hot, searing pain. This blows. 

I REALLY don't want surgery. I watched my friend go through it and it was a joke. 3 months to heal??? I don't even think it helped him long term. 

 

Also....he got addicted to Oxy. We're no longer friends. He got super weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 mins ago, Mokes said:

I woke up at 4am with the WORST pain in my shoulder. I was sleeping on my right side and that was all it took. Just hot, searing pain. This blows. 

I REALLY don't want surgery. I watched my friend go through it and it was a joke. 3 months to heal??? I don't even think it helped him long term. 

 

Also....he got addicted to Oxy. We're no longer friends. He got super weird. 

All great reasons to avoid surgery lol. If all you need is to have the AC joint cleaned up it's not that bad, I had it done on my right shoulder 5 years ago and I was in PT two days later, in the gym in 2 months, 100% in 3. The big bone spur on my AC joint in my left shoulder is what caused the tear, so sometimes toughing it out and waiting can set you even further back. I'm looking at 4-6 months with this surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, blake30615 said:

6' 175 lost 25 on keto. Hope it works

I can do this Keto thing but I have one major obstacle...  I’m an alcoholic lmao I can’t stop drinking I love it. 
 

anyway, it’s may 1st and I need to straighten my **** out or I’m gonna have the ultimate Dad Bod this summer 

 

***!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, ErikT said:

I can do this Keto thing but I have one major obstacle...  I’m an alcoholic lmao I can’t stop drinking I love it. 
 

anyway, it’s may 1st and I need to straighten my **** out or I’m gonna have the ultimate Dad Bod this summer 

 

***!

can't do alcohol on Keto, it knocks you right out of ketosis.  I've been drinking beer like the Irish-hooligan I am for the last month as I'm thinking heavily of going back on Keto this month.   That, or really low carb.  Can't decide as I REALLY like beer!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 mins ago, JimP said:

can't do alcohol on Keto, it knocks you right out of ketosis.  I've been drinking beer like the Irish-hooligan I am for the last month as I'm thinking heavily of going back on Keto this month.   That, or really low carb.  Can't decide as I REALLY like beer!!  

Straight vodka is your keto friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, JimP said:

can't do alcohol on Keto, it knocks you right out of ketosis.  I've been drinking beer like the Irish-hooligan I am for the last month as I'm thinking heavily of going back on Keto this month.   That, or really low carb.  Can't decide as I REALLY like beer!!  

 

39 mins ago, ErikT said:

I can do this Keto thing but I have one major obstacle...  I’m an alcoholic lmao I can’t stop drinking I love it. 
 

anyway, it’s may 1st and I need to straighten my **** out or I’m gonna have the ultimate Dad Bod this summer 

 

***!

If guys want to do the low carb thing, rest assured that it still works while having, say light beer or wine or a bit of vodka ect. Just work those numbers in as carbs. The truth is staying low carb is enough to speed along weight loss, you don't need to be in actual ketosis. Staying with it long term is hard though, and like any other diet, at some point there will be plateaus. Good luck, and stay thirsty my friends :beers:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seakarp said:

 

If guys want to do the low carb thing, rest assured that it still works while having, say light beer or wine or a bit of vodka ect. Just work those numbers in as carbs. The truth is staying low carb is enough to speed along weight loss, you don't need to be in actual ketosis. Staying with it long term is hard though, and like any other diet, at some point there will be plateaus. Good luck, and stay thirsty my friends :beers:.

That's probably where I'm heading.  Did strict Keto for 2 years and felt great.  But I'm kinda liking the occasional craft beer; the occasional slice of artisan bread; etc.  I'll hit the gym Monday and take my fat % to see where I am.  Eating Keto I was at 10.3% fairly consistently.   I'll track it weekly and see what the progress is.  Insert a few fasts to kick it up a notch.  If all fails...I'll go strict again.  Keeps my blood pressure low without medication.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone post their daily Keto menu?  Curious what it looks like directly from someone’s 1st hand experience. 
 

thank you,

 

erik 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.