Sparky

Attention Fatties

Rate this topic

8,469 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Went to the gym Wednesday and reactivated my account (on hold since covid).
Asked what safety protocols and its mask, distance and wipe down. OK. 
Asked if locker room was open. Yes, 15 people max and only 3 showers open. 
How am I supposed to shower with a mask?

Edited by PlumFishing

that sucks Ish...finally broke three bills on the bench yesterday for the first time since being back.....so im not far behind ya :laugh:

On 4/10/2021 at 8:10 AM, IsmailG said:

My shoulder started doing this new thing when I rotate it a certain way it pops in and out the joint. Haven't been able to do any pressing movements for a couple months. cortisone shot lasted all of 2 weeks. 

I'm trying to strengthen my shoulder slowly, but only using 25 lb dumbells for hammer curls, I'm getting this bizarre, sharp pain on the top of my shoulder near my collarbone. It's pretty bad. 

Don't like. 1 star. I need to go heavier too, but I don't dare push it. 

I'll never kick Dinghy's ass at this rate!!

Edit: make that all arm crap. Eff this. 

Edited by Mokes

Just now, Mokes said:

I'm trying to strengthen my shoulder slowly, but only using 25 lb dumbells for hammer curls, I'm getting this bizarre, sharp pain on the top of my shoulder near my collarbone. It's pretty bad. 

you working out at home or an actual gym?

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

you working out at home or an actual gym?

Home. I have the tread, incline bench, bunch of CAP dumbells to 25 and an adjustable set from NordicTrack to 50. 

Only thing I need is a bench for a barbell set. I might set up that folding deal in the garage if I ever finish it. I hate gyms. Too many hot chicks. I'm easily distracted lol. 

i ask because every time i go to the gym i spend twenty minutes warming up my shoulders even if im doing legs. lol. it definitely helps. 

leaning over and letting my arm hang with a ten pound weight in it, and doing twenty tight circles one way and then the other,,,then i do three sets of twenty with the cable but im not sure how to explain it.

ill try and find a video...absolutely helps. 

cable...elbow tucked against your side tight, and 15 exterior and then interior reps, then a half assed row thats like a reverse punch (level fist out, thumb up when you pull it to your shoulder. 

if that makes any sense. lol 

36 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

cable...elbow tucked against your side tight, and 15 exterior and then interior reps, then a half assed row thats like a reverse punch (level fist out, thumb up when you pull it to your shoulder. 

if that makes any sense. lol 

It does. I get it. I need to step up my warm up and stretching game for real. Especially since I've started running too. My legs are effed and I hold crazy tension in my traps after I hit a mile. I try and run loose, but my god I hate jogging lol. I bet that is half my issue. I run 2 times a day too. Probably not the best plan. 

I've come to the realization that i cant jog.

i can reach for something and....cuff...shoulder...elbow... go, one after the other.

Edited by HugeDinghy

4 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I've come to the realization that i cant jog.

i can reach for something and....cuff...shoulder...elbow... go, one after the other.

Yeah. Anything I suck at, I try and conquer. Trying to just hit a 38 minute 5k is killing me lol. I run like a Rhino.

18 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

did funny even come up?

I dunno. I'm drinking. 

And doing arm crap. I'm an athlete. 

Edited by Mokes

I'm doing triceps with this abomination. 350 bucks worth of jiggly crap. Whatever. I don't care. I work out like a Viking........who drinks. Can't kill me!!!!

Like our Duvet? My wife bought it. It cost untold dollars. It's dumb, but she digs it. For now. She thinks I'm wrinkling it. I love her.

20210430_202542.jpg

4 hours ago, Mokes said:

Edit: make that all arm crap. Eff this. 

That's the AC joint man, annoying pain.