Sparky

Attention Fatties

Rate this topic

7,867 posts in this topic

Bulked up over the winter, from `182 - 200. Started cycling a few weeks ago, no dedicated paths so I'm at the mercy of the cars out here. Do my rides first thing in the morning, traffic is light, but we've had three times the normal amount of rain down here for either august or the summer and the roads are starting to crumble around the edges and sand I s getting washed out into the streets which scares me more. I'd rather squat, but the back doesn't care much for squats anymore, or even the leg press.

Nice little gym near the house, but need to get a pull-up bar for the house, the one I use at the gym is on that double cable contraption and these guys love their cable machines down here. I hate going before closing when it's not busy.

Looking to get down to about 190, no hurry.

Got in the basement and switched out almost all my clothes to the stuff that I previously didn’t fit in..... It’s like free money. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, HugeDinghy said:

weighed in today, down 35 pounds. 

shoulders good enough that ive been doing flat bench. 

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

Got in the basement and switched out almost all my clothes to the stuff that I previously didn’t fit in..... It’s like free money. 

Good for you man.  Hopefully you'll get to a time period when pleated pants weren't a thing.

Skip past the Bugle Boy's and jams.  You can probably pull off the Levi Jorts though.

took me like four hours to switch out all my chit last night....silver lining being, for some reason, the top draws of my dresser became the dumping spot for every kids project, bank/ insurance/work paperwork etc...and I got all that cleaned out. found some cool stuff from the kids being younger too. like the little ID the school gives you every year.

22 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I don't take fashion advice from wanna be country folk!

Pluuuzee wigga, I look good.

Been at best inattentive to my weight after having lost 53 lbs recently. Had not even weighed myself since April, honestly, and that’s when I hit 189. 

Weighed myself this afternoon for grins. 191 still, I’ll take it. 

I think ill I’ll set a new target of 180. However, time for some lunch cruising with the wife, maybe catch some of the ufc card at a sports bar somewhere.

been threatening to join a gym lately. Damn left shoulder is s bitch. 

Hiw is did you guys rehab what I’m assuming is a rotator cuff? 

No strength overhead, diminished strength laterally. 

2 hours ago, mybeach said:

Been at best inattentive to my weight after having lost 53 lbs recently. Had not even weighed myself since April, honestly, and that’s when I hit 189. 

Weighed myself this afternoon for grins. 191 still, I’ll take it. 

I think ill I’ll set a new target of 180. However, time for some lunch cruising with the wife, maybe catch some of the ufc card at a sports bar somewhere.

been threatening to join a gym lately. Damn left shoulder is s bitch. 

Hiw is did you guys rehab what I’m assuming is a rotator cuff? 

No strength overhead, diminished strength laterally. 

Have to warm that sucker up, just look online for rotator cuff excersise and spend 10 minutes doing those before your workout. My shoulders never feel ready until I'm done with my workout lol. Avoid overhead presses, just lots of of side raises, front raises, and experiment with the machines to find out what doesn't irritate them.

Had right shoulder rotator cuff repair on August 9th. Not even two weeks out yet. Cuff was 50-60 percent torn and the biceps tendon needed work as well. Was one painful SOB for 3-4 days.  Got off the oxy after 5-6 days. Could have been sooner but sleeping is a biotch. The surgeon said all rehab will be done at home. No need for official PT. Already doing exercises 3x a day out of the sling of course. Nothing more than letting the arm dangle straight down and raising the hand up the meet the shoulder. I see the surgeon next Wednesday for next steps.

3 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

Got 315 on bench yesterday. 

Hand to god, in HS and college, that was my third set and I’d do 12. 

And that's why we have shoulder problems now lol

I went to warm up with 135 the other day, took the bar off the rack and was like NOPE, put it right back lol. Something going on in the back of the shoulder, not going to mess with it