Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BranfordJeff

Saving a life.

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

A while back, not long after Halloween, one of my daughters friends told my daughter she was going to kill her self. She was done with everything, ready to check out. Done with it all, felt there was no future. My daughter was friends with her for a couple years, felt she knew this time it was the real deal, and all on her own, found the mothers phone number and, at the risk of becoming the rat, called the mom and told her the story. Even sent the texts that made my daughter so scared to lose a freind she was willing to "rat her out". 

Well, this young lady, my Abbie's friend, has been in the hospital since that day, as her mom took immediate and swift action on my Abbie's word. It wasn't easy at first, her friend was really pissed and told Abbie that she hated her for betraying her trust and all that, but soon, this young, and still alive, girl is heading off to her next step in the process of healing, and her friend invited her to spend what little unsupervised time she has with Abbie, thanking her for saving her life. 

It was a tough call, my Abbie was torn up for a month for ratting out her friend, but knew she was still around, but still, thinking her friend and confidante hated her. That hurt Abbie, thinking a friend hated her, but she knew she did the right thing. 

Abbie wants to become a firefighter, and is seriously considering a career in the MARINES or Coast Guard to become a lifesaver, but I know she's already earned a lifesaving medal, even though they don't give them for this kind of stuff, but I'm so freakin proud of her for doing the right thing as hard as it was! 

No matter how hard it is, doing the right thing is doing the right thing. The earlier that is learned the better. Kudo's to you and your daughter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricise10 View Post

Her friend is going to thank her for ever-Way to go on raising her right Jeff icon14.gif

Kid made a tough call, literally, but I'm so freakin proud of her for doing the right thing in the face of losing a friend. 

If y'all could see what she posted yesterday about losing 'friends" but gaining people who really cared about her friendship, you'd be super proud. Something like having four quarters is way better than a hundred pennies. 

That's my girl! 

In another thread, I asked for the definition of "character" --- this is it, A sense of self, confidence, apathy and understanding of others and your ability to impact others, courage, and the ability to decide. It must of been an easy call to make but an awful one to execute!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishNH View Post

Your Daughters a brave girl!!!!

She's definitely a ballsy little chick! We run go karts at a track over in Wallingford where they have serious karts, 40 miles an hour, and she is fearless running against the 20 something club guys with way more experience, and she beats at least half of them, improving every single time we go. 

She's a tough little chick, looking forward to becoming a military officer!  MARINES is now her focus, and training towards it. 

Yeah,. I'm proud of her! 

Tavern approves of this heroic action by a young lady. Too often nowadays young people don't know the proper course of action to take but it seems that your daughter is not one of those. :th:

She will not cave to peer pressure and will do the right thing first, great qualities for a teenager to have. Great job on raising her Dad..... :th:

Props to your girl. 

About 8 years ago a student of mine killed himself by diving off a bridge in Boston.  Did it during his break while working at a pizza joint.  A few weeks later I found out he had told a friend that he was going to do it.  I would hate to be that young man right now.