Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayCo

My Winter Project

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Well I finally got the boots. Not the Orvis Ultra Lights but very close. Same Eco-Trac sole on the bottom. The burning question I have is to go with the .50 wearbars or the .75 wearbars with a washer?

I now turn to the SOL Universe for its wise advise....or something close to it.

Before you tell me that there are other threads addressing this topic. No thread addresses this specific issue.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2662070/width/525/height/700]

It depends how deep the sole of the boot is. If the sole is larger than 3/4" go with the .75 if not go with the the .50's. You can always file a little off the tip of the screw if you have the .75's and wanna get a real tight bite. Just be careful you don't want the the wearbars to penatrate through your boots and puncture the neoprene waders. I have Cabelas Ultralights II's and use .50 WB's with a #10 SS washer in between (I believe in either case the washer is a must). The sole is about 3/4" and they hold up extremley well. I hope this helped you. Good luck

Pics pics pics. I promised them. So here they are. Pics. Can't wait to use these. Years of boot foot waders with Korkers taped to them.

These also have Sole store bought orthotics in them. Gonna make standing on a small rock for hours much more bearable.

[img=

p><p>  <a href=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2833900/width/525/height/700' alt='700'>

Also got another smaller project keeping me busy. Modifying my VS handle in a similar way to what I first saw on SOL.