Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BranfordJeff

DAKAR Rally

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by mag minnow View Post

Is Versus going to cover it? No Sam Posey please...

They finally got Toby Moody back for some of it, and last year, had Inez Sainz for some "color", but they had robbie floyd, a *** who knows nothing abouot motorsports, and DAKAR in particlar, and some german schmuck, Gernaud Bauer, running commentary, what a total suck scene. Give it back to Speedvision, and let them run the UK's Sky feed, that was infinitely better. 

Hell, I even got direct contact with Versus producers for this a few years back, and even with my input, and they still screw it up every freakin year. Much improved, but still lame as s#it. 

It's an incredible event that is overlooked here in the US. TVRacer.com has the schedule. At least there shouldn't be any trucks going over landmines in South America

but a I think there were a couple fatalities nonetheless last edition. A true adventure.

I would love to see it back on speedvision,most of their programming these days sucks.

I was hoping the race being held in SA would improve coverage but it hasn't. A very interesting race,I like all of the classes but those big trucks hauling ass is a sight to behold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat guano View Post

I would love to see it back on speedvision,most of their programming these days sucks.

I was hoping the race being held in SA would improve coverage but it hasn't. A very interesting race,I like all of the classes but those big trucks hauling ass is a sight to behold.

They (Chagin, etc. in the trash truck sized flying monsters) can't really light it up in SA like they did for 900 miles at a pop at 140mph in Africa.