Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NorsekJ

Rooster Tail baits

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I think the Roostertails would work fine. I used to use the smaller ones for freswater trout and they did a good job. Casting distance might be an issue if fishing from the surf? Give them a try and let us know for sure that would be great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max4 View Post

I think the Roostertails would work fine. I used to use the smaller ones for freswater trout and they did a good job. Casting distance might be an issue if fishing from the surf? Give them a try and let us know for sure that would be great!

I think they will aswell.  Most of the folks I fish with figure useing them is cheating cuz fish just can't resist the things.  I call them "Smallmouth Crack" cuz no way a Smally can say no to one.

I think they will aswell.  Most of the folks I fish with figure useing them is cheating cuz fish just can't resist the things.  I call them "Smallmouth Crack" cuz no way a Smally can say no to one.

that's the way I feel about kastmasters for ALL fresh/saltwater fish - most can't resist

Anyone making any of these?

I, as well, love the inline spinners and always have for smallies and panfish. The Do-it molds are only up to 3/8 and that body is 1 1/4" long, so two only gets you to 3/4 and it's 2 1/2" of body alone in very thin .030 wire. :shock:

I was looking for alternatibve bodies for my home lure twisting pleasure. Hopefully that I can mold. No, I do not have a mill, or i would make my own.

Not the same body style, but why not try worm weights? I've used the small ones, like 1/8 oz to make inlines, but never tried it for large ones. Should work, and cheaper than buying the brass bodies that large.

I guess there are several options, the egg sinkers or bullet sinkers, but the holes look small. This one has my attention if I can use wire instead of beads when casting it. Do-It Keel Trolling Sinker Mold