Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HanoverStriper

Older plastic value

8 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanoverStriper View Post

So you're saying I should fish them? wink.gif

You inquired as to value. As to dollar value, classics not made for years. Fishing value, caught large on both.

You inquired as to value. As to dollar value, classics not made for years. Fishing value, caught large on both.

Do you still fish them, or are you strictly fly now? If you had to choose one of the two, which one would it be?

I've bought probably a dozen of the big flat nosed Rebels over the past couple of years. Never paid more then $10 for one.

Great lures, Fish em.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanoverStriper View Post

Do you still fish them, or are you strictly fly now? If you had to choose one of the two, which one would it be?

F-40S for faster waters runs deep, regular F-40 from the shore. F-90 runs high like a C-10 RedFin, is much stronger and heavier. Great plug when you have a sweep like the tip of SandyHook.  F-40S is fantastic in a spot like BreezyPoint jetty.

I was using one (F-40S) in Mid Dec. off the boat during the SandEel run. Yanking on the fly most often now.

F-40S for faster waters runs deep, regular F-40 from the shore. F-90 runs high like a C-10 RedFin, is much stronger and heavier. Great plug when you have a sweep like the tip of SandyHook.  F-40S is fantastic in a spot like BreezyPoint jetty.

I was using one (F-40S) in Mid Dec. off the boat during the SandEel run. Yanking on the fly most often now.

Great info. Thank you very much!