Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barrell

Hobie on Versus

29 posts in this topic

Well I missed this one but just checked out another show on Versus,"kayak angling challenge" or something to that effect. Pretty lame if you ask me,between one guy hooked up with a marlin and 3 others waiting around to get speared the show was real heavy on selling the sponsors. Unfortunately just like most fishing shows these days,a bunch of w.h.o.r.e.s. talking up the sponsors and not much substance.

I watched the same show this morning. It has the same videos available on YouTube for Sammon's shows "**** Tales" and "Game On." Yawn ;(

Sorry I miss the Hobie Adventures show. Forgot it was on yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnelson651 View Post

Isn't Versus now NBC Outdoors? I think it changed after the New Year on 1/2.

Yes it changed, took me a few to figure that out.

Just saw the bass fishing episode filmed in Texas................BORING!...............Just another infomercial masquerading as a fishing show. The only value I see in these new kayak fishing shows is that it may introduce the sport to the novice who might like to try it. But frankly I don't care if my preferred method of fishing is popular and actually may prefer that it is not..............Seriously,does anyone whose been fishing from a yak for more than a couple of years find this stuff educational? Other than the novelty of seeing yak fishing on TV it's completely worthless in my opinion.

The first one was interesting because it was filmed in my backyard so to speak in Salem and Beverly. But any information I hoped to gain from watching it was non-existent. No tips really on gear, finding structure tips on how kayak fishing is different than shore fishing. Nothing like that at all. Totally an infomercial as previously stated.

couldnt even make it through the second one. ive only been yak fishing for a year and i dont think ive picked up a single bit of info from those episodes. cool to see it on tv, but its nothing more than a sameless hobie plug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp13 View Post

Just saw the bass fishing episode filmed in Texas................BORING!...............Just another infomercial masquerading as a fishing show. The only value I see in these new kayak fishing shows is that it may introduce the sport to the novice who might like to try it. But frankly I don't care if my preferred method of fishing is popular and actually may prefer that it is not..............Seriously,does anyone whose been fishing from a yak for more than a couple of years find this stuff educational? Other than the novelty of seeing yak fishing on TV it's completely worthless in my opinion.

Agreed.  There are a handful of companies and individuals who are bound and determined to make "kayak fishing" into to some billion dollar industry like BASSCAR.  Personally, I find it lacking in taste.  However, it will not change the way I fish one bit.  Kayak fishing is one of the simplest and cheapest ways to get out into prime water and catch quality fish.  To me, that is the allure... simplicity.  But the reality is that simple and cheap isn't going to pay anyone's bills at Hobie Cat.

Agreed.  There are a handful of companies and individuals who are bound and determined to make "kayak fishing" into to some billion dollar industry like BASSCAR.  Personally, I find it lacking in taste.  However, it will not change the way I fish one bit.  Kayak fishing is one of the simplest and cheapest ways to get out into prime water and catch quality fish.  To me, that is the allure... simplicity.  But the reality is that simple and cheap isn't going to pay anyone's bills at Hobie Cat.

Well said!