Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jetskibrian

Great Striper Bite Off The Beach! And Some Spec Action

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Today the forecast was for winds at 25-30 knots so this morning I fished in the Elizabeth River for some Speckled Trout. It was slow for me with only a couple small fish but there were a couple of nice fish caught close to me. Everyone was using live minnows on bobbers.

Around noon I was getting restless so I put my ski back in the trailer and headed to Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach for some Striper action, I was not let down. The birds were diving and the bait was thick, I caught eight or nine real nice Striped Bass up to 40 inches in little over an hour. There were about a dozen boats 2 miles offshore and everyone was catching. I was trolling a Stretch Magnum and a Mojo with a Tomic trailing behind. I had to go to one rod because I kept getting doubles. The wind was still blowing 15-20 with 3-4 foot seas but it did not matter. A great day on the water! Here are some pictures. A couple were at my house.

minnows446.jpg

troutmouth.jpg

bartlettgirlfriend.jpg

prettwork223.jpg

threeguyswithrockfish.jpg

heron334.jpg

baldeagles223-1.jpg

Wow, in December no less! Fantastic report and I am so happy for all of you. What a great way to take out the year....

I want to see them catching these fish in May - June..