Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sefmonster

Pork Rind

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Trying to stock up for next year and wanted to see what everyones best choice is for model number. I usually stick to white and red. Anybody have any other colors they could recommend? Has anyone used the bunker scent or think it's worth it!

For the surf, I like 50 and 70. I sometimes buy the 56 and split each piece in two lengthwise to get a little better cast but if I had to pick two sizes, it would be 50 and 70.

70-S $ 240S in red over white & all white is all I use. These 2 sizes will cover everything from 1 oz on up, try to keep it simple, too many sizes and colors only means more to buy and more to store. Alot of guys will have several different colors and sizes but IMO, you don't need em same thing with buc colors, I usually only use all white or all lime green or all chartreuse.. I do have other colors but I find white and green to work every time & is what I will usually grab out of the bin when heading out. Too many different colors means carrying alot more then you really need to.

I prefer the red over white 240s rind, for Bucktails in the 1oz-1.5oz weight, 70s works well for these weights as well,if ya want a bigger profile, Any thing under 1oz you should go 50s.Like if you're a .05oz Bucktail, But that's just my preference. A lot of rinds come in different lengths and styles!!!! It's very important to match the correct size rind to the size of Bucktail you are using. Some rinds will slow the descent to the bottom and some will accelerate it. That's why there is so many styles and shapes of bucktails, And some people say different rinds resemble different bait fish, I'm not experienced enough to authenticate that, All season long i use 240S mostly and catch lots of fish regardless of the bait that's in season.

i just read john skinners new book on bucktailing, lots of great info in there on bucktails and matching the right size porkrind for the right size bucktails and different baits and conditions

70-S $ 240S in red over white & all white is all I use. These 2 sizes will cover everything from 1 oz on up, try to keep it simple, too many sizes and colors only means more to buy and more to store. Alot of guys will have several different colors and sizes but IMO, you don't need em same thing with buc colors, I usually only use all white or all lime green or all chartreuse.. I do have other colors but I find white and green to work every time & is what I will usually grab out of the bin when heading out. Too many different colors means carrying alot more then you really need to.

2nd...

70 S in white or yellow.

No factory splits...Split your own with a razor blade held at a slight angle up to the second hole...they swim better than the pre-split ones.