Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mako20ft

WTB: Loomis 1264 Spinning

17 posts in this topic

I've spent months looking into this and settled here. A good deal of searching ends up with max $185+ shipping for a fine condition used version which is good because that is my top end. If you've got one priced higher I appreciate the thought but funds aren't available.

Take your time considering...I'm looking for the right one.

Shipping would be to 02871 so keep it in mind if you have an interest... I can also offer to mail the proper tube to someone with the return postage enclosed.

Thanks all...

Dutch

Dutch,

any interest in a 1266 or 1267 ?

Steve

I appreciate the thought but have too many others that fit that niche. It's the 1264 or I'm taking my toys and going home...:th:

i have a 1324s in very fine condition.

it is a 1264s only 6" longer.

it is factory not custom.

would do $185+ shipping p/p

any interest?

FB,

I know we've horse traded in the past though I can't recall specifics. I'm interested for sure... Let me Google this up as I've no personal experience with that model (or spinning in general). Can you give me all the usual details for starters? Use this as a guide,

Weight rating

Line rating

Overall length

Distance to center of reel seat

Guide count

Grip Material

Is it a 50/50 split or otherwise

Any nicks, etc

I know pics are a PIA but if you could post a pic of the reel seat and a pic of the guides it would go a long way. Lotsa information I know but again, looking for a rod with some moderate action near the tip for the lighter range i.e. Bombers, 1-1/2oz Tins, etc...

Dutch

I think I can make that work. Just wish I could find more information on the rod's action type. It's very important there is some parabolic in the first third. Main use will be throwing Bombers and such...

Thoughts...?

i don't throw lures much but i just went out back and threw a couple of bombers in the lake and it seemed to work them well.

it is fast action so most of the bend is in the tip(top 1/4-1/3)

it is a loomis so it is not quite as soft as a lami but i used it for a kingfish rod and really liked it.

maybe you can google and get some feedback from lure fishermen?

oh looky...http://www.stripersonline.com/t/722141/which-is-a-better-gloomis-sur1324-or-sur1264

Daphne :wave:

Decent thread but I'm not sure if anyone answered the OP's question...? Anyway, I'm going to commit to the 1364 and roll the dice. The rod is for areas like Horseneck Beach with lots of sand and a good bit of walking. Regardless of the wide variety of opinions the rod is light and seems to have the ability to control a decent fish (maybe some day I'll even see a decent fish ;))

Thanks for the help!

because we have dealt in the past i'll do $190 shipped p/p

"I'll take it" and I'm grateful for the input you've given. No hurry, when you get a chance shoot me your paypal address. I'd like to add insurance so let me know the total and I'll take care of it.

Dutch

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0