Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Pop and rock music - it doesn't rehash itself over and over again, does it??? LOL

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I almost put this in the music thread, but the intentions would've been lost...although I'm not a fan of any of this music, it may have been the best (and funniest) music video I've seen lately in terms of depicting how today's (relatively speaking - post 80's) bands reissue the same old crap in different window dressing

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/36_songs_that_use_the_same_4_chords

Those 36 songs blended well :D

LOL - but seriously, the only song I actually know from that bunch was the first one...do the original versions of the rest of those songs really have the same piano riffs as depicted in the video?

LOL - but seriously, the only song I actually know from that bunch was the first one...do the original versions of the rest of those songs really have the same piano riffs as depicted in the video?

I figure I'd heard about 1/3 or 2/5s' of em, sounded real close to me......

no

There's probably thousands of blues and rockabilly songs that use the same chords. It's no big deal. It's all in the way you play them. :)

I agree with that in principle...it was more so how they used the same exact riff in every example...However, Mike said the songs are like that in their official release. Since I don't know any of them except the Journey song (and I don't really like that one either), I'd just have to trust this is correct...but to your point, early rock'n roll used to utilize a scant few chord combinations...it's more expanded now, but still prevelent

Go over to You Tube and search for a video called Pachibel Rant. Guy goes through a whole crapload of pop songs based on the same chord progression as Pachibel's Canon in D, which is probably the single most overplayed baroque composition of all time.

Go over to You Tube and search for a video called Pachibel Rant. Guy goes through a whole crapload of pop songs based on the same chord progression as Pachibel's Canon in D, which is probably the single most overplayed baroque composition of all time.

LOL