Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptWmHeade

THANK YOU Shore Catch and Shell E. Caris

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I wanted to thank the crew at shore catch and esp. Shell E. In march I won a beach charter and last week I had the pleasure of fishing with him.

I wanna start out by saying how great Jim Freda is. He was very responsive in fact i received a return email within 10 minutes of my first message which was at like 930 pm on a sunday. What a first class operation.

The 2nd week of december I met up with Shell E. and fished off the beach. I got to spend 3 hours shooting the breeze and picking his brain. We talked stratigies and I also learned of a few new plugs.

The day I went of course was a should have been here yesterday or as Shell E. put it shoulda come tomorrow.LOL As well all know all of november and half of december has been lights out.

So to the report we got to our first spot and as I was reaching for my go to ss needle, he told me to leave that in my bag and gave me a top secret plug. On about the third cast bamm Im into a healthly 27-28 incher released to fight another day another 6 or 8 casts bamm but didnt come tight another 6 casts bam fish on 24-26 incher than after 10-15 casts later i miss another shot. than it seemed the bite shut off. we moved about 6 or so times each time talking to me about what the water was telling him and what made him chose the spots we stopped at. I cant wait til spring I plan on fishing with him again in the spring and learn spring time striper tips.

Cant wait til March to attend the show again this year. I highly recommend anyone who would like to learn a little more or how to surf fish to give Shore Catch a call and ask for Shell E.

Sounds like you got an On The Job Education from one of the best........just think how long in terms of fishing hours it would have taken you to learn what he explained in just a few........all those guys there are Terriffic.

The information that Shell E. gave me is in my opinion was priceless. Anyone can buy a rod and reel walk to the water and catch a fish but to actually look at the water and understand what exactly your looking at is something that takes years to learn esp. because it changes sometimes 3 or 4 times a year depending on the storms.

The information that Shell E. gave me is in my opinion was priceless. Anyone can buy a rod and reel walk to the water and catch a fish but to actually look at the water and understand what exactly your looking at is something that takes years to learn esp. because it changes sometimes 3 or 4 times a year depending on the storms.

I think that's the whole purpose of fishing, to catch fish...no?:huh: