Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

Sanchez Toast?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82567d34/article/jets-reportedly-unsure-if-franchise-qb-is-on-their-roster

If the New York Jets and Mark Sanchez end up parting ways sometime in the near future, people might point toward his ill-advised retreat into his own end zone Saturday -- and another untimely fourth-quarter giveaway -- as the beginning of the end of his tenure as the Jets' quarterback.

With his team desperately needing a victory in order to stay alive in the AFC wild-card chase, Sanchez laid an egg in a 29-14 loss loss to the New York Giants. The third-year pro completed 30 of 59 passes for 258 yards with one touchdown to two interceptions. He also took five sacks -- one of which resulted in a safety with the Jets trailing by six in the fourth-quarter.

Sanchez's poor play, as well as his overall up-and-down performance this season, now has the Jets seriously considering whether or not they have their franchise quarterback on their roster.

A league source told ProFootballTalk.com on Sunday that the Jets are beginning to realize that Sanchez, whom the team drafted with its first-round pick in 2009, might not be their guy.

Jets coach Rex Ryan has been very outspoken in his support for his beleaguered quarterback this season, but PFT reported that the team would not publicly acknowledge even a hint of a change in tune in regard to Sanchez.

Sanchez has two years remaining on his his rookie contract after this season -- he will earn a base salary of $8.5 million next year, according to PFT.

While the Jets have not been officially eliminated from the postseason, they will need a win against the Dolphins next week and a lot of help to earn a wild-card spot.

A third-year quarterback who has taken his team to the playoffs twice ought to get more slack. Manning has twice his experience. And the Giants defense, and their running game, looked a lot more impressive than it did in the second half of this season to date.

A third-year quarterback who has taken his team to the playoffs twice ought to get more slack.

You are, and I want to stress that this comment is made in a friendly matter, out of your mind. The guy I saw yesterday sucks, and the rest of the Jets team is way too good to be let down, repeatedly, by such a lousy quarterback.

I think Michael Vick is a bum, and a punk; I also think that he is an overrated quarterback. That said, if he had been playing for the Jets yesterday, they probably would have beaten the Giants. Sanchez is that bad right now.

You are, and I want to stress that this comment is made in a friendly matter, out of your mind. The guy I saw yesterday sucks, and the rest of the Jets team is way too good to be let down, repeatedly, by such a lousy quarterback.

I think Michael Vick is a bum, and a punk; I also think that he is an overrated quarterback. That said, if he had been playing for the Jets yesterday, they probably would have beaten the Giants. Sanchez is that bad right now.

You are, and I want to stress that this comment is made in a friendly matter, out of your mind.

A third-year quarterback who has taken his team to the playoffs twice ought to get more slack. Manning has twice his experience. And the Giants defense, and their running game, looked a lot more impressive than it did in the second half of this season to date.

It's not that he's horrible as much as he's just not maturing as a QB as much as I had thought...In his one big breakthrough game against NE in the playoffs last year, it is now evident (for more reasons than one - as NE fans now know) this was the result of a sucky NE defense as much as it was due to any heroics on Sanchez's part

Jets will let him go and he will get better elsewhere,

It's the jets. bring in Gruden as HC and watch him develop

Easy to say-hard for the organization to make that happen

Remember-Woody likes Rex very much- as for Sanchez-yes they have to make the move sooner or later

as was said above, you're nuts. sanchez is having a bad year. call it a sophmore slump in his 3rd year. his O line suck, running game sucks, and your defense is wayyyyyy over-rated. to blame the way this season is going solely on sanchez is just stupid.

and your offensive coordinator is an idiot. i realize the giants secondary sucks, but 60 pass attempts?? really?? those are games reserved for teams that are down by 24 points in the first quarter.

The guy is hearing footsteps - not surprising considering the brutal beatings he's taken behind that crap line.

Tom Brady would be sucking behind Hunter and Slaussen.

Sorry, but they gotta give the kid another season. Hunter and Smith have cost this team more than anybody else. Third would be Schotty. Who called a pass out of the end zone on first down when the Giants had been busting through the whole second half (especially in a 4 down situation)? Why did Greene only get 14 carries and 15 the week before? He's been averaging well over 4 yards a carry in the second half of the season. Sanchez has sucked it up this year, but it was behind a weak offensive line and two lazy ass receivers who all but jogged half the time. Holmes is a duche who is playing like he wants Sanchez to lose his job. Also, no running game the first half of the season...I'm hoping this is a bs rumor or some kind motivational tactic to put Sanchez on notice. Put me on record as a Rex supporter. They have 1 GREAT player and 3 really good players. The rest of the team is average to suckish, yet he has been able to keep them overachieving and in contention. On the 99 yard play there were 3 players in position to stop Cruz and all of them whiffed. The scheme was right, but the execution was a disgrace. Also credit Cruz with some great moves...

I'm on Mark's side. 2, that's 2 AFC Championship visits in his first 2, that's 2 years. Best two years in a row the Jets have ever had.

Go Jets.

If they back in again, I believe they will ruin at least one team's season, maybe 2, that's 2 Mr. Brady.:p

The Jets are the last team the Pats want to see, this I can tell you with some certainty.:D

Go Jets.

Mark Sanchez can play well enough to stay. What needs to change is:

1) Coaching..........he has to learn to automatically throw the ball out of bounds at times. (Looks to make plays because no one else on the teams will make one.) He looks like he did in his first year.

............was a complete failure in all 3 phases of the game this year. Tactics and motivation were sub-par.

2) Talent level............can the defense play a little better? - make a tackle, maybe get a rush out of the front 4. I'm sure that would improve their entire defense immeasurably.

.............offensive line pass protect and run block.

...............there are a million fresh running backs every year- can they get one.