Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sefmonster

How to get Glow Tube on Hook?

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I know this sounds like a stupid question but I have a bunch of glow tube which I want to slide onto an open eye Siwash 6/0 but can't do it! I have seen it on certain sites and wrote but no responses. I want to use the hooks on my jigs for cod. I haven't tried a smaller hook yet but really want the 6/0 or 7/0. The hooks I'm using are Gami's. Any help would really be appreciated....Tubeless....Lol

Hi, Are you planning to just cover the shaft as far as the bend, or to have a tail so to speak like on a tube tail? Try cutting the tube to the size you want and soak in hot, not boiling water for a few minutes. Then feed it up around the hook bend .till you get to the eye, run the end into open eye and clinch on what you want. The longer "surge tubing" pieces are handled the same way only longer time, and the cut has to be measured. You should be using at least 3/8" inside dia tubing, otherwise it will bind. I have done many dozens like that w/no problem. Perhaps your tubing is too small a dia and binds as it tries to go round the bend. Other than that, I have no idea why you are having trouble. Good luck, and Merry Christmas. CaseyGhee