Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddie

KeyStone PipeLine

Rate this topic

145 posts in this topic

Why does the federal government have to get involved with this? If the oil companies want a pipe line, why don't they just build it? What would congress vote on?

Why does the federal government have to get involved with this? If the oil companies want a pipe line, why don't they just build it? What would congress vote on?

Besides all the environmental stuff.....much of it silly, but not all.

It really comes down to Eminent Domain. They need the government to seize private property from those who won't sell.

The people will be paid what the Government decides the property is worth.

Basically the Government will be seizing property in the name of a foreign corporation so that they can get their product to market.

Besides all the environmental stuff.....much of it silly, but not all.

It really comes down to Eminent Domain. They need the government to seize private property from those who won't sell.

The people will be paid what the Government decides the property is worth.

Basically the Government will be seizing property in the name of a foreign corporation so that they can get their product to market.

My guess is that some sections of the pipeline would be on federal lands which would involve red tape.

My guess is that some sections of the pipeline would be on federal lands which would involve red tape.

I'm sure your right.

I wonder how Keystone pays us for the use our our federal lands.

I'm sure your right.

I wonder how Keystone pays us for the use our our federal lands.

Does the firm have to pay for a right of way?

For slight degradation of federal lands? (The pipeline's footprint.)

In one lump sum?

Or pay on a yearly basis?

Remember, oil is eeeeeeeeeeeevil and this is nothing more than president Obama pandering for votes.

I mean what's more important, 20,000 jobs and 750,000 barrels of oil a day from a friendly neighbor or pandering for votes to some enviroturds.

BHO pandering for votes in an election year ?  Whats next, bussing in illegals to vote or maybe fictitious names on ballots???   Oops , already done that.   With all of the $$$$$ involved they have to make sure they get there pockets lined with as much as they can!!!   Seems like business as usual to me.

Again, why are we doing this for Canada and making Canadians rich for something (oil) that we will not receive? Eff this pipeline and let's drill and ship our own oil for our use and give Americans long term jobs not short term construction jobs that benefit another country.

Again, why are we doing this for Canada and making Canadians rich for something (oil) that we will not receive? Eff this pipeline and let's drill and ship our own oil for our use and give Americans long term jobs not short term construction jobs that benefit another country.

I believe that you are under the mistaken impression that we will not get benefit of this Canadian oil. It is not being shipped to Texas for export; it is being shipped to Texas for refinement, and perhaps some possible export. If nothing else, it should make us much less oil dependent upon a shaky, volatile Middle East.

If the pipeline and its oil goes through the Canadian Rockies to British Columbia, then we don't get squat diddily.

But I echo your sentiment that we must endeavor to develop our own oil & natural gas resources. Drill, baby, drill; everywhere, anywhere, no exemptions, albeit with redundant drilling safety features, like they do in Europe..

I'd be willing to bet that the thousands upon thousands of fossil fuel burning tanker trucks hauling the refined product in perpetuity, all over the North American continent would have a much more detrimental impact on the environment than the pipeline project itself would! What are you REALLY worried about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dena View Post

Why don't the oil shale companys build the refinery up there, and truck the refined product to market?

Someone show me where we get Canadian oil for our own refineries from this project to benifit us and drop our gas prices and how it should connect to a tax increase (albiet) small and I may change my mind. Have not heard a factual argument from anyone yet. Only theories.

I'd be willing to bet that the thousands upon thousands of fossil fuel burning tanker trucks hauling the refined product in perpetuity, all over the North American continent would have a much more detrimental impact on the environment than the pipeline project itself would! What are you REALLY worried about?

Well, that's the dilemma.

Either transport the crude to the refinery, or move the refinery to the crude are the only 2 options that I see.

We have to pick our poison, I think the pipeline would be the better option over time, but I am no expert.

I can see how congress would have to rule on the use of public lands and the environmental stuff, but I am sure that everyone here is dead set against the federal government forcing land owners to give up rights by eminent domain.