Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLDig

On Saturday...

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

...the fishing rods I keep in the back of the vehicle at all times because you never know when you may have to pull over for a fish emergency will be moved. For the first time in a long time. In their place will be boxes and bags full or presents! Presents that you, my fellow SOL members, bought and paid for with your generosity.

The sleigh will be stopping at Mom's to pick up the presents around 2 pm on Saturday. I had to leave them stashed at Mom's or else Christmas would have happened weeks ago. From there I head on over to the NC Christmas Family's home and park in such a way that the kids won't be able to see through the windshield of my car if they are outside playing or letting the dog out. Back windows are limo tinted. :v:

Santa will then go in and spend the evening with the Christmas Family, acting like nothing was going on. Sounds like hot dogs are the family tradition, so hot dogs it will be. Taking cookie stuff over too, though, because Santa really likes cookies. We HAVE to bake cookies to leave out for Santa, even though the kids really don't think he exists any more. After everyone is in bed but Cheryl and I, we'll be making the trek outside to my car and making SEVERAL trips back into the house to not only fill up under three, but probably half the floor.

Then the race is on to see if the kids get up first or if I wake them up.

Can't wait! Nobody in this family has EVER had a Christmas like they're about to have. Where everything on their lists is under the tree, and things they didn't even think they could ask for. I'll be taking lots of pics. I've been told my keys are getting taken when I get there and not given back until Monday, so expect pics no earlier than Monday night.

Until then... Santa South signing off.... Wishing you all a Christmas every bit as the one you guys helped put together for TWO families. Santa North is making delivery tomorrow evening. ;)

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

- Old Miss Diggs

Thank you Miss Diggs.

Up our way the wonderful Mrs Claus and her rickety ol helper will be holding an open house as she always has with anyone that walks in is invited to all the grub that has been cooking for days and days including pies and brownies.

It's our chance to see people that we otherwise might not have a chance to meet.

When the turkeys and roasts and sweets are all gone we curl up and sleep till Christmas morn .

For us the pleasure is being with people .It,s our gift to ourselves.

Later on in the day the little people show up with there new stuff to show us and that to us is a gift in itself.

Yup that Mrs. Claus has taught me that people are the big gift.

Merry Christmas

Hi Tammy,

What a blessing this will be to those two families. Once again the loving spirit of you Tammy and the good folks at SOL will make a difference in the lives of families. This is truly heart warming and such a wonderful thing, always! 

God bless each and everyone who has made this possible. smile.gif

Merry Christmas to all!

My wifew and I have decided that we will do sort of the same thing next year! We will choose a family and make a christmas for the kids! We have more than we can ever use or need it's time to give back!

What a wonderful thing you and the other members here are doing for the families! Merry Christmas look forward to seeing the pics for sure! MAX

Tammy, what you do is outstanding. :clap: Sadly, this year I don't recall if I donated to the Xmas fund or not. If I did, I am happy. If I didn't I am truly sorry. :o Damn but my brain just don't seem to work as good as it once did.

All I can do is say God bless you and your elf. :angel: And most of all, God bless the family you have been good enough to show all this love to.

Spiggly :wave: