Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Trucker can't make $6,000 bail...

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get out of the office... Family is waiting. I have the news on --- story of some trucker who was stopped for driving commercial vehicle over residential roads ... Overweight! It appears that the possible fines may be $6,000, so the bail before trial next Weds is $6,000! The employer can't afford to pay it. Will he be home for Christmas or spend it in jail?

Funny... I have a similar situation happening right now! Last night, man stopped for a MV violation... Arrested for an outstanding out-of-state arrest warrant! He can not make bail... He will be extradited ... He will spend Christmas in Jail. The problem is that it is not him! Apparently, this happened before... Same guy, same warrant --- not him! (Someone used his identity)

Government shuts DOWN for the holidays! Just try to get anyone to answer the phone! My secretary's brother's college roommate --- wonderful things have been said about him... He's a great guy... He was actually driving home for Christmas.

So here I sit... Working the phone... Trying to conjure up a copy of the fingerprints of the guy who was originally arrested so that the jail can print him and release him. You'd think that they could be electronically transmitted? Well... Not these prints... Too old... Fax them --- bad copy... How about scanning them???? I just keep playing Christmas music in the background and the Sheriff keeps telling me that he's missing the eggnog and cookies! (& my wife keeps calling to ask why I'm not home yet... Her mom appears to be within a few paces of the Holy Gates and the Man at the door is posed to with his pen to check off her name!)

Very early this morning, I promised that this kid would spend Christmas with his folks! (Big mouth... Always choking on what I bite off! Make peace at home and try to bring peace to a complete stranger at the same time!)

Prints scanned and received... Now to get Tge County Jail to pull him and print him. The obstical now is that the shift will change at the jail soon, so all of that good will and Christmas cheer that was spread this AM must carry over to the next shift! I just got a Bah Humbug! But, at least I can deal with this by cell, now! Peace at home... Hopefully---- peace at home!

He knows better its too bad he got caught I bet that the DOT has a few words for him also :confused:[/

The GPS unit sent him that route! Reality is that this MV offense should be settled for a fine ? $500??? Let the man go.

My prediction (or hope) for my guy? He'll be released after 10pm tonight. Me. I get coal!

He knows better its too bad he got caught I bet that the DOT has a few words for him also :confused:

How can he know better if he didn't know he was overweight?

He knows better its too bad he got caught I bet that the DOT has a few words for him also :confused:

How can he know better if he didn't know he was overweight?

Do gps units have the ability to distinguish between residential and commercial routes?

My guy should be out by 7pm ... 24 hours in jail on an arrest warrant that is not for him.

Do gps units have the ability to distinguish between residential and commercial routes?

My guy should be out by 7pm ... 24 hours in jail on an arrest warrant that is not for him.

High end units made for trucking, yes.

Depends on teh model.

The one I use for work does not, but the one they have in the office does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid View Post

High end units made for trucking, yes.

If the company owner can't come up with 6K for bail, I hardly expect they'd have any GPS unit, never mind a high end model. 

If the company owner can't come up with 6K for bail, I hardly expect they'd have any GPS unit, never mind a high end model. 

That is true. But the issue may have been --- the bail had to be paid in cash ... 6k in cash. The trucking company may have been out of state, don't know.

My client --- released last night 7 pm. His car will be in impound until Monday. Drove him to Newark Penn Station and put him on the train.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortez The Killie Killer View Post

That is true. But the issue may have been --- the bail had to be paid in cash ... 6k in cash. The trucking company may have been out of state, don't know.

My client --- released last night 7 pm. His car will be in impound until Monday. Drove him to Newark Penn Station and put him on the train.

Fair points about the trucking company. 

You're a good egg, Cortez.icon14.gif

Merry Christmas.