Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Murphthesurf

WTT for Fly Rod

16 posts in this topic

I have a St. Croix Premier Surf Rod 10' 3/4 - 4 oz. Used one time and in Brand New condition. Looking to trade for either a 3wt.or 8wt. fly rod. Rod must be in similar mint condition. I will add cash for the right rod.

I also have a nice Shimano Calcutta 400 that I am willing to part with as well. Thanks

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2636153/width/600/height/450]

Murph,

I have a 10" 8 wt rod that I built a few years ago. I was told that it was an IMX blank, but the rod has no markings on it.

It is not quite as fast as an IMX, but is a very nice casting rod. It has smooth power and fast action. I built it with a Struble handle and reel seat, as well as high quality guides. Graphite color blank with burgundy wraps and silver trim. We can meet up so that you can check out the rod and cast it if you like....

Murph, I'm not interested in your rod but I'd like to offer you a good deal on an 8wt and line.

8wt Colton leviathan used lightly and a royal wulff Tri taper F 8wt that might have been used 2 or 3 times.

$115. I'm in SJ as well.

Frank, 10' is going to be a little longer then I want. I want to stay in the 9' range for the 8 wt. and 7' for the 3 wt.. Thank You

No problem murph..just thought that I would throw it out there.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

You do the same Frank, Thank you

Murph, I'm not interested in your rod but I'd like to offer you a good deal on an 8wt and line.

8wt Colton leviathan used lightly and a royal wulff Tri taper F 8wt that might have been used 2 or 3 times.

$115. I'm in SJ as well.

Chromedome, Thank you very much for your offer. That is a great deal.. The line alone is $79 new. I was really looking for a St. Croix, Orvis, Scott etc. Something along those lines. I will definately reach out to you if nothing pan's out. I appriciate it. Happy Holiday..

Merry Christmas!

You do the same Frank, Thank you

$115. I'm in SJ as well.

Chromedome, Thank you very much for your offer. That is a great deal.. The line alone is $79 new. I was really looking for a St. Croix, Orvis, Scott etc. Something along those lines. I will definately reach out to you if nothing pan's out. I appriciate it. Happy Holiday..

Got ya. I just thought it out there as its not gonna be used by me. Too many arrows and not enough time to use them. I don't fish an 8 wt much anymore. FWIW, the Colton rods perform as good or better than some of the brands you mentioned IMHO.

Tis the season.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0